Late Nights In Charm City

Chapter Fifty One:

Claire's POV

"Great show everyone!" Selena sang as all the dancers and musicians were circled around, arm upon arm over each others shoulders. We had become a family already. And its only been four months.

Smiles were all around while Selena gave her usual after show speech. My chest was still rising up and down from the two hour long concert, though slowly controlling back to normal.

"Anyone up to go out tonight? We're actually here for a few days so why not, right?"

Some people nodded in agreement, others either gave a "Sure" or "Sounds good".

Chatter soon erupted through the wide circle, and it was beginning to get hard to even hear my own thoughts. Jack looked down at my paranoid face, squeezing my shoulder before speaking.

"Hey hey hey! Hold up everybody!" His 'taking control of the situation' made me smile. And also think thoughtfully of Addie. Heads quickly whipped around towards our side. Eyes upon Jack, Andie and I.

"Thanks," He chuckled deeply. "I'm up for some chow, but does anyone here know a good place to eat?" I raised my eyebrow in thought, as it was ten thirty on a Tuesday night.

"Yeah... Anybody a local?" Andie spoke up from beside me.

"A Baltimorean?" I laughed at myself as I tried to pronounce that.

Everyone looked amongst themselves and most shook their heads. It was pretty quiet backstage, even when the crowds were still exiting the massive stands.

"It's alright guys," Sel said. "I'm sure we'll find someplace. C'mon, lets head back to the hotel first." She smiled at each and every one of us generously. We then mushed our way out of the space and through the few groups of fans that stayed for a couple autographs. I was surprised when some people saw my face and motioned me over for a photo. A few actually were guys.. Other than that, I put on my best smile for their cameras. After Selena finished with her pictures, we piled into the homey bus.

We arrived at The Hilton about twenty minutes later. Trying as always to sneak past the lobby without anyone recognizing us. Which we normally sorta successfully did. Andie and I always hid under our hoodies, giggling our way to the elevators, even if we weren't famous at all -- as famous as Selena Gomez & The Scene is the way I should put it. Everyone always ended up staring anyway. Of course, we didn't care.

Once on the 15th floor, all us girls parted ways with the boys and made a left towards our room. While the guys split right to theirs.

"Twenty minutes tops guys!" Us three yelled down the hall, laughter filling our throats. The few others chuckled along with us.

"Whatever giggle freaks!" That was definitely Jack.

I ended up just washing my face quickly and redoing my make up; mascara and eyeliner. Nothing special. I was alone in the giant suite bathroom, slowly stroking on the black substance onto my thick lashes. A memory was suddenly blown inside. I smiled slightly, thinking back at it; Taylor wondering where I had gotten my dress from. Such a dork. I loved him for it. I then fixed my hair into a high ponytail, combing out the kinks and knots. When I was wrapped up, I strode swiftly into the bedroom and went up to my suitcase. The girls were talking about something.. I didn't know what, but I didn't fully want to know anyway. Grabbing my dark jeggings, a loose fitting sky blue T-shirt, and a long-dark-gray-open-sweater-vest thing -- my Mom gave it to me a long time ago, loved it ever since -- I quickly returned to the bathroom to change.

"You guys ready?" I peeked once more in the mirror before walking to where they were.

"Yeah, of course.." Andie replied casually, her eyes glued to the TV.