Confessions

Chapter Thirty Eight:

Claire's POV

Once home, Taylor left my side with the large sheet of cake in his arms to go set it on the kitchen island.

"You think we're gonna eat the rest of this?" He winked at me as I leaned against the wall watching him.

"I surely know that you won't. Gotta keep that bod of yours in tip top shape." I smiled widely.

He laughed that incredible laugh of his, making his way back over to me and unexpectedly swooping me up in his strong arms. I squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"And what is this for?" I questioned, though with a small smile.

He shrugged from under me, traveling up the long staircase. "I just felt like it."

"Just felt like it eh?"

"Yes ma'am." He attempted a Texas's accent, which made me giggle in response. "Only Jackson can pull off a good country accent.. I on the other hand, cannot." He joked, setting me down on my feet in front of the king sized canopy bed.

"Well you have many more talents than Jackson.. No offense to him of course. But I'm just saying.." A smirk drew across my face.

A low chuckle filled my ears as he had pulled me close to his body, his hands rubbing delicately around my back. I grinned to myself and reached up onto my toes, still in my comfortable vans, and placed a soft kiss upon his cheek. I could suddenly feel both of our bodies shiver from the touch.

For once in our lives, we just settled into each others arms. Swaying slowly back and forth, enjoying one anothers presence.

After a minute or so, Taylor quickly excused himself and strode into the bathroom. I sighed, feeling dazed, and sat myself on the bed. As soon as I slipped one shoe off, my jeans buzzed.

New Text Message from Jack

Oh snap.

My finger was immediately hesitant on the button, not sure if I wanted to read it or what. I looked back up to the bathroom door, Taylor still hadn't come out, so I went for it.

Hey Claire, it's me, Jack.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad we met tonight..

I mean, even though you have a boyfriend and all, I think we could still be good friends right?

Would your boyfriend (sorry I don't know his name) mind if we hung out tomorrow?

Ah shit, I moaned in my head while my eyes closed.

Maybe just lunch or something?

"Who you talking to?" Taylors low voice had my heart restart back up like a hummingbirds wings.

"Oh gosh, you scared me." I breathed, taking a peek at him and laying my phone face down in my lap.

"Sorry." He laughed and crouched down in front of me. "You alright? You look kind of.. nervous or something."

I threw out a fake small laugh, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Ending with a short smile.

Stupid me. Knowing him, he would see right through that piece of crap you call my acting.

Right on cue, his eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Ugh. Okay. Well, my friend just was letting me know if I could go out to lunch tomorrow, just to talk and things."

His features relaxed, letting a comfortable smile appear on his face. "That's all? You know you don't have to ask me if you can go.. I'm not your legal guardian."

My eyes rolled, "But the thing is.. its a He?" I cringed for his reaction.

"Uh, that's fine with me." He sounded sorta convinced but I still wasn't buying it. "Where'd you meet him.. Just curious."

"T-tonight." I stuttered.

"Oh. Well.." His hazel eyes flickered to the side as he took a moment before taking his place next to me on the bed.

I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly, taking his warm fingers and weaving them through mine. "His names Jack and we knew each other before I met you. Hayley and I went to Magic Mountain a few years ago and we hung out with him and his friends for the day.. But never actually sat down and got names or.. Well you get what I'm saying.." I looked at him once I noticed myself rambling. "Don't you?"

He only nodded, still staring at our intertwined hands.

"He's a friend, Taylor. No need to worry okay? I can take care of myself and you can trust me. You know that." My other hand lifted his chin to look at me.

He shook his head, a small hint of embarrassment covered his face, "I'm sorry Claire. I just feel protective over you and.."

"Shh." I placed my finger on his lips with a grin. "I know. I would be too, but we have to remember to be honest with each other at all times and know that we can trust each other when we're apart."

"Agreed." He smiled softly, taking my hand and laying it over the one spot on his chest which felt like a rabbit running away from its hunter. I giggled as I felt his thumping heart under his shirt, having my own heart speed up more than it already was.

"Lemme text Jack back to let him know... I'm coming.." I slowed down a bit just to make sure I was going.

"It's perfectly fine, Claire. Go ahead." He chuckled, standing up.

After I replied back a, 'Sure, it's good with me. And Taylor =)'

He sent back:

Okay great! :) How about 12:30 in Thousand Oaks at Corner Bakery? I'm closer to Malibu so..

My turn: Wow, I live in Malibu as well. How funny! And sure, that'd be good. See you then(:

I actually smiled at how good this was going, though I kinda forgot that Taylor would be hovering over me right about now.

Have a good night Claire...

I sighed, setting my cell aside and turning back to the little mister over here.

"All set?" His eyebrows raised.

"Yep. Good to go.. I'll leave around twelve. Just driving up to Thousand Oaks.."

"He seemed nice.. Well it was just texting but.." He began to joke. Having a sweet smile on his face while I gladly slapped him on the arm, which he probably didn't even feel through all that buff-ness of his. Hmm.

I decided to then change the mood up a bit.

"At least we have the rest of tonight together.." I stood, taking off my other boot and Ashley's jeans, leaving them on the carpet floor. Smirking sexily at this man. I took out the small clip which held my hair and shook it down, before approaching Taylor.

"For sure on that.." He eyed me up and down playfully.

I smiled and pulled my shirt off carefully, throwing it to the side like it was just a piece of useless cloth. Who needed clothes?

I suppose his hands found my butt first once I had glided into his arms.

Tonight would be just any other night in heaven..

Picture of Jack on the side :)

Leonardo DiCaprio never looks old ;)