Day-off

"Come on Jamie." Kyle called her.

"What's the rush?" Jamie asked him as she stopped next to him.

"First day of teaching remember?"

"Arts is only for T, W and TH remember?" Jamie rolled her eyes.

"Right. Forgot. Sorry." Kyle rubbed the back of his neck. Silence consumed them as they both stood on the empty hallway for all the students are in their homerooms.

"Kyle." Jamie said. Kyle looked down on her. "Get going! Do you want to be late on your first class or what!"

"Right!" Kyle was snapped back to reality and he started running. He waved his hand to Jamie as he yelled. "Thanks!"

Jamie chuckled and started heading to the apple tree. It was the first time she went there all alone. Jamie sat down and pulled out her laptop. She immediately opened Agatha's entry for the Avant Garde.

Well, I still have work to do. Aggie asked me to fix her entry. Yeah, she's right. It does need fixing. I chose a brush and a perfect shade of a color and tested it. Nice. I started creating the shadowy thing on the background. She thought of a nice concept. Well, enough writing here in this diary. I still have 4 entries to fix.

After a few minutes, a pat was felt on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Ms. Vee.

"Ms. Vee! Can I help you with something?" Jamie asked the teacher.

"None at all." The teacher smiled and handed her a key. "Just here to inform you that all teachers will be away for today and here's the key to the art room."

"Wait, I'm in charge of the key?"

"Well, the student teacher for the higher level has a key too. Both of you are in charge." She smiled.

"Ok." Jamie nodded.

"Now, be careful."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Jamie!" Jamie heard Dan. He ran up to her and stopped for a while to breathe. "Aggie!"

"AGGIE!?" Jamie set her computer aside and stood up. "W-What happened to her?!"

"She...she confessed to Killian." Daniel said slowly.

Jamie stopped. Unmoved of what her childhood friend said. She never thought her best friend would ever confess.

Alright, I admit that I'm super glad that she toughened up and confessed to that idiotic jock, but based on Dan's expression.....he turned her down.

"W-What happened then?" She looked at Dan.

"He, well, he screamed at her telling her that she's an ugly and creepy nerd. He even threw his juice box at her, humiliating her in front of the whole scho-" He stopped and followed Jamie. "Jamie....Jamie where the hell are you going! JAMIELYN!"

Jamie twisted and turned around the corners of the school, trying to find her redhead. She stopped dead cold as she heard familiar sobbing coming from the nearest ladies' restroom. She went in and the sobbing gets louder. "Aggie?"

"J-Jamie!" Agatha rubbed her damp eyes with her velvet cardigan. "What're yeh doing here?"

"Checking you of course." Jamie placed her hand on the door where she was in. "Dan told me what happened.....and your Scottish accent's back yeh know?"

Agatha chuckled a bit and opened the lock.

"There, that's better." Jamie sadly smiled as she looked down on her. She made her face her and she wiped her tears away. "Now, chin up and smile. You don't want him to get the satisfaction of hurting you, right?"