Painting isn't a joke

"There!" Jamie moved away from the board. "Now all we need is a few pen, watercolors and some poster paints."

Erin opened a tube of watercolor and dipped the paintbrush. He almost painted jamie's drawing when she stopped him.

"STOP!" Jamie snatched the paintbrush and the watercolor tube away. "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MARBLES! THIS WATERCOLOR TUBE BRAND IS TOO WATERY! DON"T YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!?"

"Actually, no." Erin bluntly said. Jamie buried her hands in her face and started cursing in Italian.

"Ok, ok. I'm calm." Jamie soothed herself. "It's ok Jamie. He's not a painter. So it's logical that he doesn't know the difference." She took a deep breath and gave Erin some color pens. "Please tell me that you know what to do."

"Of course. I'm not an idiot." He took the pens and started to outline.

Too plain.....too plain.....too plain. If he continues to outline it like that then it would be too plain. I grabbed some pens and drew and overlapping line over another.

"What are you doing?" Erin asked confused.

"Well I couldn't let it be too plain." I said while continue to outline messily. Go on Erin and be confused but I'm telling you, it's gonna pay off. So I used different shades of green and blue and I added strokes randomly. It might seem like a bad idea, which it is, but it's all gonna make sense.

Once we outlined the whole drawing, I crouched down and looked at the watercolor tubes I bought. I guess we'll have to combine these with acrylic paint. But we have to blend it just right to make it look wonderful. 'Cuz I swear if they didn't turn out great I won't hesitate to start from scratch.

"Erin!" I yelled. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Here take these and prepare them on the palette."

Once he finished preparing them he walked back to our spot. I took a paint brush and dipped in in blue. I hesitated for a moment. Should I? I mean my idea could make it wonderful or a total disaster. Well, risk the painting it is! I messily and recklessly stroked the brush at the board.

"Woah, woah, woah. What are you doing?" Erin grabbed my arm.

"Painting duh." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really? It seems to me that you're just adding strokes carelessly."

"Sooooo?"

"So it means that it'll get messy."

"Oh come on Brown, it's style."

"Well this style of yours might actually risk it."

I just looked at him and back at the board. I looked back at him and smirked. "Well, what's life without a little risk?"

I broke from his grip and placed more random strokes. After a few moments, the painting was coming together. As the paint dried a little, you can't already notice the randomness of the stroke. Erin joined in painting after that.

The next 2 hours were a mess with me always correcting Erin. Well at least we're almost done. I took a step back and looked at the unfinished painting. Not bad.

"MISS ITALIAN! COME ON! WE HAVE TO GET GOING!" I heard Hans call.

"YAH WE'RE COMING!" I yelled back. I turned to Erin and saw that he already fixed himself while I was still a total mess. "Erin go on and place the remaining stuff on the van with the painting, I'll catch up as soon as I'm done changing."