Autumn

"So today, we will have new groups." Their Biology teacher said. He was looking at each student making sure that they're all listening. To his surprise, they actually are. All students' eye was excited for the new groups. He then continued. "I will pick 5 boys, who will be the leader of each group. And they will decide on who goes in his group."

The students looked at each other with glint of happiness in their eyes. Jamie and the others looked at one another. They all smiled.

"Now, as I call your name please stand up." Their teacher said. "Mr. Gales."

Nico stood up with a grin on his face. He fixed his glasses and waited for the next ones to be called.

"Mr. Quincey."

Hans slowly stood up, looking at his classmates. It seemed like he was already planning on who to choose.

"Mr. Andrews."

Bryn stood up. His eyes was moving on from one student to another.

"Mr. O'Neill."

Kyle's eyes widened as he heard his name being called. Jamie signaled him to stand up. As he stood up, all the other students predicted what'll happen next. All five of them would surely be on the same group. The five didn't pay attention to the last name called as they were looking at their friend.

"Now, all of you form a line here." Their teacher pointed beside him. He opened his laptop "Just point your finger to the name of the person you want to be in your group."

The leaders followed his instructions and started picking. Tension and suspense filled the room as each student were anticipating to be on a particular leader of their choice. They were all impatient. They wanted to know the groups now. As each leader took their turn, they getting more impatient.

Jamie, Erin, Daniel and Agatha didn't have anything to worry though. They know that Kyle would choose them. So they don't have to worry about anything. Jamie watched as the leaders pointed at the laptop's screen. Her eyes traveled to her friend. She could trust him to put all 5 of them in the same group, right? Of course he can. What was she thinking about? Kyle would never abandon them.

When the leaders finished picking, their teacher ordered them to say their members out loud. Alphabetically. Bryn went first.

"di Oscuro." By those first words that came out, Jamie's eyes widened in shock. As Bryn finished saying the members, she was surprised that she was the only one from the 5. She looked at Kyle. He mouthed 'What?' with confusion written in his face.

'What?' He mouthed. Oh I'll tell you what, Mr. O'Neill. WHAT THE HECK?! He was next after Bryn. All of them are in the same group except for me?! WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK!

I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW IN MY MIND BUT ON THE OUTSIDE, I WAS CALM AS HECK! I'M THE ONLY ONE SEPARATED?! WHAT AM I THAT UNIMPORTANT?! AM I THAT USELESS TO YOU 5?! FINE! DON'T PUT ME IN YOUR GROUP YOU............................UGH!!!! Stay calm Jamie, stay calm.

Agatha looked at Jamie. 'She's calm?' She thought. Agatha was surprised too. Jamie was separated. Did Kyle intended this to happen? Probably not. She turned to Kyle with a stern look.

"What?" He whispered. Agatha's face hardened.

"What do you mean by 'what?' ?!" Agatha whispered-yelled. "Why the heck is Jamie in another group?"

"S-She got chosen by Bryn before I could." He whispered back.

"Are you telling me that you were supposed to last?"

"Of course not. It just happened that she was already chosen the time I was about to choose her."

Agatha rolled her eyes. She looked t Jamie, she saw her meddling with the end of her jacket. At least she wasn't that mad- right?

Going near the apple tree for lunch, Jamie looked at the tree.

"No more apples." She said. Everyone looked above and saw all the leaves in orange color. In just a few days, this tree will go bald too. Jamie climbed to the nearest tree branch. The others looked at each other, unsure to what their friend was doing. Once she reached a movable branch, she started shaking it.

"Jamie! The leaves are falling on us!" Daniel raised his hood.

Jamie chuckled. "That's the point!"

Agatha caught some leaves and threw them to Erin. As a result Erin threw some back. Soon followed by the others. The courtyard floor was starting to be covered with the colorful warm leaves. Jamie went down from the tree as cold big gush of winds started to blow. The leaves fell even more. Jamie laughed and tackled Agatha down, falling on the pile of leaves. They both got immediately covered by the leaves. They sat up laughing at each other. Daniel threw a bunch of leaves at the other boys. Making the two throw some back at him. The 5 played under the falling leaves as if they all reverted back to their young selves.

Jamie walked alone under the autumn trees. She was going for a walk. Then after the walk, she'll go back to Agatha's house. As the leaves drizzle above her and fall, she wondered how much everything would change if she just tell them. You see, life is like a game. A game where there are rules unknown to you. In this game, each choice you make matters. She sighed. What if she chose another option? Oh how much she would like to turn back time. Sadly, she can't. No one can.

A big gush of wind blew, making the leaves to fall more. Jamie held up her hand and caught a few leaves. She stashed it down in her bag. She continued walking as the leaves fell. Walking was sometimes hard for her. She winced in pain as an agonizing sensation came to her. She held the spot where it was coming from. She stood up straight and continued to walk like nothing happened.