Art

The whole class was silent as they were taking their test in Arts. Obviously, there was one student who knows the answers by heart. She knows each technique, style and many more. As she finished earlier than her acquaintances, her eyes wandered outside. Where the air was ice cold and she knows that sooner or later, it would already start snowing. She chuckled as a nostalgic memory came into view.

"Jamie hold on!" A young boy with dark hair cried out. He was catching up to a short haired little girl who was running around the fluffy white snow. The little girl was laughing as the winter air caressed her face. The little boy stopped for a moment to breathe and looked at the young girl. As she was running, her foot tripped on a rock, which made her fall, face first, in the snow. "Jamie!"

He ran up to her and sat down next to the girl whose face was buried in snow. He was about to place his hand on her shoulder until the girl quickly sat down. She shook her hair which was covered with snow.

"Dan!" She squealed while she clapped her hands.

"Hey! You should've w-wa-w-" Daniel looked above in hopes of finding the correct word. As a child, he doesn't know that much about words.

"Waited?" Jamie's head tilted to the side.

"Yeah! You should've waited for me!" Dan crossed his arms and pouted.

"Awwwwwww wittle Dandan is sad. I'm sowwy." Jamie pouted with puppy dog eyes. She moved to a direction where Dan could see her face and she fixed her hands in a pleading position.

Dan eyed her and sighed. He looked at her and pushed her back in the snow. "Fine."

Jamie stood up and dragged Dan through the snowy environment. She saw a frozen lake and jumped in excitement. She shook Dan. "Dan! Dan! Dan!"

"What?" He looked at her.

"Look!"

"Well come on!" Dan yelled and started running towards the frozen lake

Jamie's attention was shot back to the class when the speaker was turned on. She jumped a little and looked at the speaker.

"Good Morning my dear students. This is your principal speaking and I would like to inform you a different rule for the rest of this quarter and some announcements." Their principal's voice was heard through the speaker.

Jamie and the others look at one another.

"We all know that the Avant Garde will take place next week. It is my duty to inform all teachers from any art related subject that, it would serve as the students' final output. Which means, all students are required to participate in the said contest."

Jamie smiled in satisfaction. But, that relief was quickly replaced by anxiousness. The Avant Garde will be held next week, can she finish her work? What about the others? Are they done? Do they need her help? What about Andrea? Did she already start?

"And for the announcements. The school has implied a new program, in which students will take their teacher's place in teaching. Now there are some students who are already chosen."

Agatha looked at Jamie and smiled.

"Mr. Parker is chosen to replace Ms. Gale in teaching History. Ms. Bellgrove is chosen to replace Ms. Abram in teaching Math. Mr. Gales is chosen to replace Ms. Robinson in teaching Statistics and finally Mr. O'Neill is chosen to replace Mr. Carter in teaching Biology."

Kyle's eyes widened as his friends screamed silently. Agatha went hyperactive, Jamie went all smiles, Dan gave him an approving look while Erin gave him a 'The-Heck-Did-That-Happen' face.

"Thank you that is all."

Ms. Vee cleared her throat. "Now as the principal announced, students will replace teachers and the pupil I've chosen is....."

All students was looking all around.

"None other than......

..... Ms. di Oscuro."