In Too Deep

As the autumn leaves fall from the dark branches of trees, Jamie watched them fall on the cold street. She was in Biology class, sitting near the window. Their professor wasn't there yet, giving her time to think about her secrets. Should she tell them? Or should she not? She doesn't know. Other than Winter, Autumn was her favorite season. She loves the beauty of the leaves as they fall down from the trees, revealing its dark wood. Her eyes followed an autumn leaf fall to the ground. Her hand snaked on her pencil. She started drawing lines. The noise around her became a blur as she focused on the drawing. She doesn't care if someone starts a riot. She just continued to draw freely. While the others are having fun chatting to each other, she just stayed on her seat drawing an autumn leaf on a cold ground. Like a colorful and lively creature surrounded by a dark and cold atmosphere.

Agatha was talking the Samantha at the moment, she was asking her about the details of the incoming ball. Being the only one in her group of friends to actually care about the ball, she needs all the info she needs. She's already planning in her head what the dresses and tuxes will look like. She looked beside her to see Jamie sketching an autumn leaf. It was normal for her to see her friend like that. Zoning out and drawing as if nobody was around. Jamie's somewhat a peculiar person to her. The way Jamie acts is like her life is full of shenanigans. Her eyes always has a glint of mischief in it. Her smile. Oh be wary of her smile, because every time she smile, it's always like she's planning something. Jamie might seem and act like a person with a cold shoulder but deep inside there's the warmness of her heart. And deep inside that mischievous glint is a desolated soul. Agatha turned her attention back to the blonde girl sitting in front of her.

Daniel opened his textbook on the page of their topic for the week. He looked to the right to look at the harmonized falling of the autumn leaves. He remembered when he was just a little boy. Playing under an autumn tree with Jamie. They would dive in the pile of leaves all day. She would pick up leaves and place them around his head to make a make-shift crown. They would lie down under the tree and watch the leaves fall. It was a very nostalgic view. He turned his attention to the Italian in front of him. She was sketching. He peeked over and saw an autumn leaf being drawn. She was always that artistic for him. Memories of her started flooding back to him. Goodness, he even remembers the time he had a crush on her. It was her mischievous atmosphere that made him like her as a friend. She always smiles even in the darkest of times. Hoping that she'll make her friends smile. And her curious little mind. That always brings out the child in her. Being curious about a lot of things. Some say that Curiosity killed the cat, but this cat has claws sharp enough to defeat it. He smiled and looked back at his book.

Erin felt extremely awkward, having to seat next to Daniel. No words was exchanged between them. As Daniel opened his textbook, he felt obliged to open his too. He read the text but then he zoned off. He just stared at the book without actually reading it. He couldn't concentrate with all the things that's going through his mind. He's mind was cloudy. He couldn't figure out what he should do and what he needs to do. He looked beside him and saw Daniel peering over Jamie's shoulder. So he peered over too and saw her sketching an autumn leaf. She might be short but she has a very tall tower of braveness. That's the thing Erin always thought of her. The day he first met her, he knew she'll be like a firecracker that blows up. And they're the fire. They're the ones that always cause her to blow. Either from happiness, sadness, anger or whatever emotion it was. He looked over to her opened bag. Curious little girl she is. He blinked a few times, just in case that he was imagining what he saw. But it was real.

Kyle was beside Samantha. He was looking at the window, pretending to be zoning off but he's actually listening to the conversation of a blonde and a redhead. He picked up words and names like: dance, Jamie, fancy, clueless, Kyle, Jamie and other more. He knows listening in a conversation is rude but he just couldn't help the feeling that they're talking about him. Especially that he heard his name. Has he gone too obvious? He hope not. Does Agatha know already? He hope not. For the secret that he's keeping might end his friendship with a certain someone. It's a risk that he'll take if he'll tell the others. He decided to look behind him. There he saw Jamie looking out in the window. It seems like she's thinking about something deep. He watched her as her eyes followed an autumn leaf fall. Her hand crawled up to her pencil and she then started to draw. He saw Daniel and Erin peek over her shoulder and Agatha looked at her with a smile. She seemed so focus on drawing. She stopped for a moment and stared at the drawing. Slowly, she bit the tip of the pencil, making Kyle chuckle.