Turning Over To A New Page

"Goodbye, world! Goodbye, idiotic friends! Goodbye, everybody!" Agatha groaned while walking through the halls of the school. It was now the time of the quarter they all dreaded. Collection of cards. In their case, their parents didn't come, which made them rejoice, they had to get the cards themselves.

"Alright, so first off, let's go and check the bulletin board, just in case one of us got an award." Daniel suggested. The others nodded and followed him. As they were getting closer and closer to the bulletin board, they became more nauseous.

Daniel wanted to ditch, Agatha wanted to be invisible, Erin was about to strangle someone, Kyle was about to faint and Jamie.....she wanted to run, get the papers, tear them and put them in fire to make a bonfire.

As they reached the bulletin board, people from different levels were there. They noticed some familiar faces, Sam and Hans were together, rejoicing on the effects. Bryn and Jade was there too, smiling at the paper. Then there was Chloe with Gwen Chu, they were holding each other's hand with comforting smiled on their faces. Some were rejoicing while some were mourning.

They looked at each other.

"Ready?" Daniel asked. Agatha, Erin and Kyle nodded slowly.

"Nope." Jamie raised her hands an started turning around to walk back.

"Oh no you're not." Kyle pulled Jamie's hood making her gag. He pulled her back to them.

"Ok, Ok, Ok. Jeez, let go." Jamie pulled her hood away from Kyle.

They all ran to the bulletin board. They practically squished each other until Jamie got in the front. She searched for their names and found only 1. Her eyes widened and she went away. The others followed her, not even looking at the paper.

"Soooooo, what's the result?" Agatha poked her best friend.

"Ok, so one of us got in." Jamie explained.

"I vote for Dan!" Erin raised his hand.

"Me too!" Agatha smiled.

"Me three!" Kyle looked at Dan.

Daniel just looked at Jamie, indicating her to go on.

"Welllll, it's Erin." Jamie said.The others went silent. All 4 of them contemplating whether she's telling the truth or not. "And yes, it is true."

"So let's see the averages." Agatha said. "The final one. I got B+"

"So did I." Jamie said.

"Me too." Kyle shrugged.

"Same here." Dan said. "Erin what did you get?"

"A-" Erin replied, still shocked about the results.

"Well ain't that nice." Jamie smiled. "See you guys on Monday."

All of them went away. One was fine with its grades, the other doesn't actually care, the other one was shocked, the next was just ok while the last was holding a tiny grudge.

Daniel entered the car with a sigh. He couldn't believe that he didn't made the cut. It might seem that Daniel's the one who doesn't always go with their crazy plans but he actually is agreeing inside. He wanted to focus on his studies but then what happened in the end? He didn't even had a score of A-. Being an only child, he was the one who's bringing the family name. He have to make his parents proud of him. Once he entered his room, he just sat there. Thinking about what went wrong. Why force himself to achieve something he can't? What if he just enjoyed everyday without thinking about the mass of assignments given to him. Just like Jamie and Agatha. He just lied down wondering.....

Erin crashed down on his bed not even taking his shoes off. He stared at his card, thinking how he made it. Being kinda silent in the group and he was used on not getting attention when it comes to academics but here he is, the one in the spotlight. He didn't even remembered being this good in academics. Was there something that motivated him to do greater? Well whatever it is, it must be a pretty strong force. 'What is Daniel thinking about right now?' That's the question that keeps on repeating in his head. Is he mad at him? Or is he proud? He doesn't know. He doesn't even wanna know. He looked at the picture of him and the others thinking........

Kyle entered his house with a smile. His siblings greeted him and he greeted back. His sister started pulling him on one side telling him a lot of things. One of his brothers just talked to him. And his other brother started playing with his other hand. He was the eldest of the four, and being the eldest means you have to have a lot of patience. So he waited for them to stop telling stories before going upstairs to his room. From his room he could still hear his siblings playing, arguing or whatever noisy things they were doing. He thought about his friends. How they're there for each other. How Jamie and Agatha just kept on smiling, even in a horrible situation. Jamie. The girl who's so hard to decipher. He knows that she's keeping something from them. He just doesn't know what. So he just stayed there thinking about someone.........

Agatha was wearing a smile on her face as she and Jamie entered her house. Yes, Jamie was with her. She's fine with her grades. She was fine with everybody. Now that a quarter has passed, she couldn't help but to anticipate the things that would happen next. The Halloween party, the Christmas Ball, Christmas eve, New Year's Eve, Dan's birthday, Valentine's Day, Jamie's birthday and the thing that she doesn't want to think about, Graduation Day. She couldn't let go of her friends. Not now when they were so attached to each other. She looked at Jamie beside her...............

Jamie coming home to Agatha's house was becoming very frequent. The reason why? Only Jamie knows. Even with a strong friendship, there were a lot of things Jamie hadn't told them. She was very secretive. Not because she doesn't trust them, but because she's afraid. Afraid that they'll leave her when they found out. She doesn't want to lose her best friends. And everyday it killed her, having to lie about some things. She's a closed book. She's like a galaxy. You know her but it'll take you millions to fully explore her, to fully know what's in her. Sharing secrets wasn't actually her favorite thing to do. She love her friends dearly. She doesn't want to let go. But other than those things, she was completely honest to them. She really doesn't care about her grades as long as they're not failed. What she really cares about is her friends. She pulled her shirt down, looking at the window...............

A/N

A chapter of their lives finished

Another one comes

The days of the year diminished

Thinking of the days and their outcomes

As we turn over a new page

Some questions come in mind

Who will break the friends of cage?

Who would miss clues like she's blind?

Will their friendship ever stay?

Or will it go down in flames?

We will all find out one day

As they play the author's game

- M. A.