Chapter 66: New guitarist

((A/N) There is a time skip. It is about a month later. Harley is with the rest of her band, auditioning for a new rhythm guitarist.)

*Harley's P.O.V.*

We finally arrived at the studio and entered. Today was the day we were auditioning for a new guitarist. We've had a few people reply to our ads and are expecting a few people to show up. We entered the studio room and sat down.

"Ugh, I remember when we did this last time." Tyler said.

"Yup, I was nervous as hell." I said.

Everyone laughed.

"I wasn't here last time." Lincoln said.

"Yeah, you got lucky. We were desperate and we liked you so we let you be in the band." Tyler said.

We all laughed. A person popped their head into the room.

"About 5 minutes guys." The person said.

"Alright. We're ready." Tyler said.

Soon after, a bunch of people came in and auditioned for the spot. We liked a lot of them but one person stood out.

"Hello, what's your name?" Tyler asked the girl as she walked in.

"Hi, my name's Melody." Melody said.

"Nice to meet you Melody, what are you going to play for us today?" Tyler asked.

She told us her selection and then proceeded to shred the hell out of her guitar and it was amazing. I think all of us were blown away. She had finished the song and she went back outside.

"Oh my god." I said.

"Melody." Cleo said.

"Yes." I said.

We both looked at Tyler and Lincoln.

"She was amazing... but Carter was good too." Tyler said.

"We can call them both back at a later date and play with them." I said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Tyler said.

"Agreed." Lincoln said.

We called in Melody and Carter, separately, and told them to learn some Rzb songs so we could jam out together before we picked our new guitarist.

"This is gonna be awesome." I said.

We all went home.

A few days later we were back and Carter didn't show up.

"Huh..." I said.

"Okay, well, you can come in here Melody and we'll get set up." Tyler said.

We all got set up and ready and we began jamming to a bunch of songs. Some Rzb, some Bvb, and some others as well. We had finished our jam session and Carter still hadn't shown up. We called him and he said he wasn't interested so we finally made a decision.

"Melody, you can come in here." Tyler said.

She came in and we broke the good news. We all hugged her and she was officially our new guitarist. Her and Lincoln played guitar together while Tyler made everything official.

"Alright, cool. So, next week everything should be set with the label and we can announce it on social media. Until we get the green light, don't post anything." Tyler said.

"Alright, sounds good." We all replied.

We added Melody to our group chat and we talked for forever. I was back home and sitting on the couch talking to the band when Ashley sat next to me.

"So, did you find a new guitarist?" Ash asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Boy or girl?" He asked.

"Girl. Our band is now mostly female, whoop whoop." I said, laughing afterwards.

Ashley laughed too.

"Awesome. Can't wait to hear some magic from you guys." He said.

He wrapped an arm around me and I snuggled into him.

"Yeah, I can't wait either. Melody seems really cool. We've been texting her like crazy." I said.

"Cool, you guys in a group chat?" Ash asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Nice." He said. "So, Colt decided he didn't want to be in the band anymore?"

"Yeah. After the accident he had a little mid-life crisis. He loved making music and playing guitar but he felt he didn't have time to do anything else like start a family. So he went back to school and now he's working on the business side of it. I think he has an internship at our label actually." I explained.

"Wow. Good for him. He's not upset about the new guitarists or anything? Like he left the band, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, Colt left the band. We still talk to him obviously, he's Tyler's brother. He's met Lincoln and they get along really well." I said.

"That's good. I hope it works out for him." He said.

"Yeah me too." I said.

We watched tv while the group chat got quieter and eventually left. I locked my phone and continued watching tv with Ash.

"So, do you wanna start looking for houses?" Ash asked.

I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Uh.. do you wanna look for houses?" He asked.

"Wait..." I said, sitting up.

"You're thinking about the future?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He said, confused.

"Well, no, it's just guys usually don't care about that stuff." I said.

"I do." He said.

I smiled and he smiled back.

"So, uh.." He said.

"Oh yeah. Uh, yeah. I'd like to move into a house with a few bedrooms so we'd have place for the kids." I said.

"Yeah, I've been looking at some nice houses close to here. They're also in a good school district. Let me show you." He said.

He got out his laptop and we looked at some beautiful houses. They were quite expensive but it's LA so what do you expect. We both fell in love with this one house. It wasn't too far from everyone and it was beautiful.

"I love that one." I said.

"Yeah, that was my favorite too." He said.

It was getting late so we decided to head to bed and look at houses later.

"I can't wait to see what the future has in hold for us." Ashley said.

He smiled and I smiled back.

"I can't wait either." I said.

We kissed.

"I love you." Ashley said.

"I love you too." I said.

We kissed again and went to bed.