Chapter 56: The big day

Ashley's P.O.V.

Today is the big day. I slept pretty well and woke up early in anticipation. I got dressed and went to the front to eat some food. I grabbed some cereal and milk and sat down at the booth. I was peacefully eating my cereal when CC came out and joined me.

"Hey, Purdy. You nervous?" CC said, sitting across from me with a bowl.

He poured cereal and milk into the bowl and grabbed a spoon.

"A little bit." I said, while eating more cereal.

"You'll be alright, kiddo." CC said.

We finished our cereal by the time everyone else was up and ready.

"Do you have the ring?" Andy asked.

"Not with me yet. I'm gonna get it before we go on." I said.

"Are you gonna have it on you while we play?" Jake asked.

"Yeah." I said.

I nervously got ready for our set. Harley and Cleo came on the bus while CC and I were in the bathroom.

"Hey!" Harley said to me.

I smiled super wide and went over and hugged and kissed her. She just laughed at me. I let go of the hug but still had my arm wrapped around her.

"What's up with you today?" Harley asked.

"Nothing, I just love you." I said.

"Okay." She said, while smiling.

"So, is everything set for today?" Cleo said.

"Yup. All ready." I said.

"All ready? For what?" Harley asked.

"For the show today, it's the last day." I said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm excited to go home and sleep in a proper bed." Harley said.

"Yeah, me too." I said.

I finished getting ready and walked with Harley and Cleo over to their stage.

"Good luck, babe. Have fun, I'll see you soon." I said to her.

"I will." She said.

We kissed and then she went on stage. I walked to my bus and grabbed the ring from my bunk. I put the box into my pocket and then waited for my band to be ready before we headed to the stage.

"You ready for this Ashley? There's no going back." Andy said.

"Yes, I'm ready." I said.

We then headed to our stage and got ready to go on.

"I'm nervous." I said, grabbing the box through my pants to make sure it was still there.

"Don't be. We all know she's gonna say yes." Jinxx said.

"Okay." I said, sighing in relief.

Our intro music started playing and the crowd roared. I was having some second thoughts. Not thoughts that I didn't want to propose, but thoughts that something might not go right.