Chapter 25: I'm sorry

*Harley's P.O.V.*

I had just reached the hospital when an ambulance was at the door taking someone out. The person had blood all along their left arm and was covered in bandages and gauze. I could almost see a bit of bone sticking out of their arm. The paramedics pulled them out completely and the left side of their head was covered in blood. They had an oxygen mask on and were covered in gauze so I couldn't see the face very well. They brought the person inside and I entered the hospital after them. They took the person to a room and I sat in the waiting room. I texted the guys and told them what happened and shortly after they sat with me in the waiting room.

"Hey." Andy said as he sat next to me.

I just nodded at him and looked back down. Andy sat to my left and CC sat to my right. Jake and Jinxx sat across from us. They all looked very concerned.

"Do you know how he is?" Jake asked.

I shook my head.

"No. Nobody's said anything to me yet. I don't even know if they know I'm here." I said.

Andy got up and walked over to the receptionist. They exchanged some words and then Andy sat back down. We all looked at him.

"So?" CC asked.

"I don't know. She doesn't know anything. All she said was that he's in critical condition." Andy replied.

I sighed and slumped in my chair, tearing up a little. CC rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's okay, Harley. He's gonna be okay. It could be something so minor and they're probably just taking precautions and saying it's a big deal." CC said, trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah..." I said softly, trying to forget about it.

We all sat in silence for about 30 minutes. The guys were all on their phones except CC and I. We just watched everyone that came in and listened to their conversations and why they were there.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but your husband is dead." A doctor said to a woman across from us.

She started sobbing into his arms. The rest of the guys looked up and watched the scene unfold with us.

"I'm very sorry ma'am." The doctor said again.

"What happened?" She asked, still crying.

"There was a car accident. We heard that your husband ran a red light and hit an oncoming car. The other man is in critical condition. He hit the other car on the left side and it flipped over a bunch of times. Your husband was killed on impact and his car hit a tree. We predict he was going about 80 miles per hour." The doctor said.

"Damn." CC whispered to us.

"Is the other man okay?" The woman asked.

"Yes but he is in a very critical condition. He has a fractured skull, broken arm, some broken ribs, and possibly a punctured lung on his left side. He's lost a lot of blood and may need a blood transfusion if we can patch him up quick enough." The doctor said.

My heart dropped and I became a little dizzy. My eyes began to sting with tears.

"I hope to god that's not Ashley." I said quietly.