Chapter 22: You're in!

*Harley's P.O.V.*

It's been about a month since Hera got adopted and I'm finally getting my cast off. I woke up and showered and got ready. I walked into the kitchen where Ash was making breakfast.

"Hey babe." I said.

He turned around and smiled.

"Good morning." He said.

I walked over to him and he kissed the top of my head.

"Ready to get your cast off?" He asked.

"Yes! It's been so long, and it reeks." I said.

Ashley laughed.

"That also means you can finally audition for Razorblades." He said.

"I know! I'm super excited. I really hope I get in. I don't think they have another bass player anyway." I said.

"I don't know either, but we've gotta eat quickly. Your appointment is in 2 hours." He said.

"Okay." I said.

I shoved the delicious food down my throat as quickly as possible. After we finished eating, we got in the car and drove to the doctor's office. They removed my cast and then took x-rays to make sure my arm healed correctly. Afterwards, we left and went home quickly. I ran in and grabbed my bass and then we drove to the recording building.

"Good luck." Ash said, kissing my cheek.

"Thanks." I said.

I exited the car, grabbed my bass, and entered the building. Cleo was there waiting for me and she brought me to the room we had been to before. The only difference was there were about 4 other people there, all auditioning for the new bass player.

"I didn't realize there were gonna be more people here." I whispered to Cleo.

"Yeah, we each picked someone we felt would be good for the band. I picked you." She whispered back.

I smiled.

"Don't worry, the rest of the band loves you so I think you have a pretty good shot at this, and I haven't heard the other guys play, but I know you're amazing so don't be nervous." She whispered.

"Okay." I whispered back.

Cleo walked to a separate room which I'm thinking was to judge everyone separately. I walked over to the other people and took my bass out of its case. Everyone seemed a bit surprised when I took it out. I closed my case and put my bass on.

"You play fretless?" One guy asked.

"Yeah. I feel it gives a smoother sound." I said.

Everyone was just staring at my bass in amazement like it was made of pure gold. I just smiled and looked down at it too. It was a custom five-string, fretless bass in a royal blue color. It still had the inlays on the fretboard to mark the normal frets. A friend of mine who worked at a music shop custom ordered it for me and I've had it ever since.

"Can we have number 2 please enter the room." Someone from inside the room said.

A man stepped forward and vanished into the room. The door closed behind him. I was a little nervous but I practiced a bit waiting for my turn. Everyone had gone by the time my name, or number rather, was called. I entered the room and walked over to the chair but didn't sit down. They all sat at a table with papers on it.

"Hello. What is your name?" Tyler asked.

"Um, Harley Finch." I said.

"Okay Harley, how old are you?" He asked.