Chapter 20: Time And Space

I lean on the railing on the top floor of the Tower, staring at the dark cold night at Bannerfall. Childish, please. Asking me to not be childish is like asking me to stop breathing.

As my cloak flows along with the mild wind, I hold my hands together and close my eyes, like a prayer. I'm able to sense any thing, or anyone near me. Something only certain Hunters learn. I was born with it. I don't know why or how, but I knew that I had it since I was little; before I was resurrected. I asked my father about it. Unfortunately he didn't know. He said that it had to do about my mother, Faith. She was pretty cool.

My mother was the most unique type of Guardians to ever exist. She was a Warlock, but she was able to understand how Hunters wield Light... And use it herself. She taught me how to be a Hunter. But one day, before she left on her last mission, she gifted me a special Exotic Hunter class helmet she forged. The Celestial Nighthawk. I've wore since she gave it to me, and never forgot about it. It's a nice looking helmet. Eagle eye vision, perfect for snipers. The only downside is that she never told me its Exotic ability. Before she left and never came back.

Exotics are questionable. Forged by elder Guardians. Made either for themselves, or made to pass on to the newer Guardians. Some Exotics were even made to be combined with an Exotic Armor or Weapon. But my Exotic Weapon, The Last Word,  is based on my Subclass. Gunslinger. But most Exotics are generic. Which are Exotics that aren't meant to be compatible with a Subclass, Weapon, or Armor. Like Ice Breaker, or SUROS Regime. It's very rare to find compatible based Exotics. Only true warriors of the Light are able to forge things like that. But it requires a lot skill and materials.

As I continue to have my eyes shut, my senses tingles something near me. Who would it be? Carolina? Indigo? No, I don't think so. I've been picking up on Carolina's scent frequency, and I already know Indigo's. It's coming closer. I keep my eyes shut and remain still. It's probably not a threat, but I still wouldn't move. My nose twitches to the scent like rabbit, smelling food. A finger taps my shoulder twice gently. I grunt quietly.
"Hey," a female voice says. Wait, I know that voice. It's the Stranger. Why is she here? Oh wait, I totally forgot about meeting at Venus.

"And how exactly did you find me?" I ask curiously without moving or opening my eyes. "I have my ways," she replies. "Besides, I knew you would be here instead of meeting me."
"Was that an insult?" I ask.
"Not entirely," she answers.
"Everything has to be not entirely to you, isn't it?" She doesn't answer back. Instead, she switches topics. "We have to talk," she says. She puts her hand on my shoulder like I don't know she's there. I turn gently but swiftly enough for my cloak to whip back.
"You're right," I snap calmly. "Tell me why you need me to destroy this so called, 'Black Garden' and why you can't do it yourself."
"You know, I liked you better when you were always doing what you were told to do without asking questions," she says.
"What are you talking about?" I scowled.
She takes a deep sigh and sat down on the grass, next to a bonsai tree. "Sit," she said calmly. I still had a dirty look, but I sat down anyway.

"Now, when we first met. I told you there are enemies out there you would not believe," she said. I slowly nod my head.
"Yes," I say just as slow.
"Well, these enemies... They somehow tie up with you," she says with doubt.
"What do ya mean?" I ask. She sighs again.
"I can't give you the exact details. However, your main situation is the Black Garden." I had a hard time believing her. To be honest, I had a hard time understanding her.
"After destroying the heart, the Darkness of Time will be weakened. That's your chance to assault the Vault of Glass."
"Vault of Glass?"
"It's located in Venus, at the Waking Ruins."

I may or may not have read about this before. If I'm right, the Vault of Glass was sealed to keep the Hezen Lords from leaving. It's never been opened since. No one has dared to try.
"In the Vault, there is a relic that can resist what the Darkness throws at you," she says.
"Wait wait wait wait! If you're so worried about this, why can't you do it?" I ask again.
"I'm not worried! I'm telling you this because this is in your fate!" She snaps. Then she calms down. "Besides, I can't help. It's like I said, my path's my own."
I exhale in stress and look down.
"The only way I can help, is to lead you to the right path," she says. I look back up.
"And if you don't?"
"Then you will be forever lost in the dark corners of time,"she warns.