All Green Guitar could do is nod awkwardly. Despite Lapis speaking incoherently. Peridot made an effort to try to listen to every word. She could see that Lapis is progressively becoming a little comfortable knowing that Green Guitar was listening.

Lapis continues to go on and on until Peridot decides to end the amusing show.

"And that's how I almost drowned in a pickle jar." She finishes.

Peridot cannot believe that the conversation went to puppy carnivals to almost drowning in a pickle jar at her grandmother's basement.

"Hehe... that's really interesting Lapis." Peridot responds awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

It took Lapis a moment to realize that she took up about 30 minutes of their time with her rambling.

"Oh shit" Lapis lowers her head down and covers her face in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry for rambling."

Peridot puts her hands up in defense. She actually found it quite amusing and cute to see Lapis so out of character.

"Nono it's fine!" She gives Lapis a soft smile.

Soon after Peridot's reassurance, they fall under awkward silence. Thoughts overfill both of their heads.

Lapis awkwardly takes a sip of her coffee. "Oh god keep it together Lapis. Your idol is here, the person you've admired for years. Don't scare her away dammit. You can do this, put on your Lapis charm."

Lapis takes a deep breath and attempts to break the silence. She meant to say something along the lines of "so how did you learn to play guitar?"

But somehow, the words that came out were definitely not the ones that she intended to say.

"Did your guitar ever learn to play you?

Lapis why the fuck did you say that what in the absolutely fuckity fuck is wrong with you?

To Lapis's dismay. Peridot responded with a hard laugh.

"Oh my god did she really just say that??" Peridot thought to herself. She couldn't contain her giggles.

Lapis felt her face getting hot, she wanted to sink in her chair and stay there for the rest of eternity.

"Oh crap Green Guitar is laughing at me now. Look what you did Laptop Lazily. Your idol thinks you're an idiot."

"No I'm not laughing at you" Peridot let's out a breathy laugh. "I just wasn't expecting that."

Lapis looked down in embarrassment. She still felt awful for making a complete fool of herself.

Peridot noticed her noticeable saddened demeanor. She immediately stops laughing and feels guilty.

Fuck I made her uncomfortable. What's wrong with me? Shit how can I fix this?

Peridot found herself reaching from across the table and gently grabs Lapis's hand. I was like on impulse. She didn't even know why she did it. She just wanted to. She wanted Lapis to feel comfortable.

The touch was like electricity. Never in both of their lives did they ever felt such empowering emotions like they do right now.

Lapis's reaction was priceless, she felt herself froze. Boy if her face wasn't as red as before, it definitely was now.

Peridot's face starts heating up as well.

The guitarist quickly lets go of Lapis's hand and mumbles a quick apology.