Got A Case Of The Blues -PART 1

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE WE BEGIN. SO I STARTED THIS FANFICTION A FEW MONTHS AGO AND HAVE GAINDED SOME WRITING SKILLS. WHEN I STARTED THIS STORY AT FIRST, I HAD NO SKILL WHATSOEVER.

I HAD REREAD MY STORY RECENTLY AND HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THE BEGINNING SECTION OF THE STORY WAS POORLY WRITTEN. SO I APOLOGIES DEEPLY IF MY WRITING MAKES YOU CRINGE AT THE START. HOWEVER WHEN YOU READ FURTHER INTO THE STORY, MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED.

I can guarantee you that the story gets better when you read further! That's all I have to say! Enjoy my story!

Peridot's POV

My mother and I are driving to Beach City, I knew my mom was about to say something because of her expression on her face. I glance gloomily at through car windows, watching the trees and clouds past by us.

"Peri, I know you're sad about leaving Gemsylvania but this might be a good opportunity for me and you. There are better job openings at Beach City and you can make friends. Maybe this is a good type of chang-"

"I don't to move! I don't want to change! I don't want to leave Gemsylvania! I won't have a good time at Beach City! I want to go back home!" I reply back upset " I don't want to go" (Sounding like a 5 year old)

"I'm sorry Peri, I truly am but we have no choice. Who's going to pay the bills?! Who's going to pay for your education!? Who's gonna put the food on the table!? It's all me Peridot, I've been taking care of you all this time and I just want what's best for you..."

I stood there quietly, feeling a hint of guilt through my spine. I wanted to speak up but I couldn't. The words wouldn't come out right. I felt my mind slip into a deep thought.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice.. I'm sorry that you have to live this way. I'm just under a lot of stress honey.. Don't worry, I'll always be there." My mothers voice never sounded so.. "out of life" before.

It was silent after that, all I could do was stare out the window, thinking about home as I wait until we arrive at the house.

[Time Skip!]

Everything was already moved in. My bedroom was filled with Gravity Falls posters and Five Nights At Freddy's posters. My mother found a good paying job, and the first day of school is tomorrow.. I'm kind of nervous. I fiddled with my guitar while on my bed, I got bored so I went to see what my friends were doing back home. I pull out my phone and begin to text Steven. He was the closes to me out of all of squad.

Peridot: Hey Steven, how's home?

It takes her not too long to reply, as usual

Steven: Heyo PeriWinkle, how's it going? We all miss you!

Peridot: Meh, it could be better, tomorrow is the first day of school

Steveb: You nervous?

Peridot: No...

Steven: Don't be Peri! You're a cool girl and everybody would want to be your friend!

Peridot: Thanks :)

Steven: Omg you wouldn't believe what Keigi did to Pearl when he tried to flirt with her! Pearl's reaction was priceless! Garnets face was hilarious! You should have seen it!

Peridot: Ugh! What did that fuckboy do now??

We talked for hours and hours until I had to sleep, tomorrow is a big day..

Sorry if this chapter was short! I'll try writing more tomorrow, I usually write better at night.
Byeee!
~Kay