Standing Up -PART 4

{Lapis's POV}

I made it to class on time. It looked like all the students were here too. The teacher spotted me and waved.

"Hello class, I'm Mrs. Flender! Okay students, take your seats! Sit anywhere today"

I flop down at seat in the back corner of the room. I don't know why but sitting in the back makes me feel comfortable. Like I'm in my own bubble and no one can break it. sitting in front feels like a bunch of eyes are staring at me. My hands were resting on my chin, my legs were crossed.

"Okay class, I'm about to take attendance, if you're here, say her-"

"Waaaaaaiiiiiiit!"
The girl that was staring at me in the hallways ran into the classroom. She looked tired and her face was as red as a tomato, she's probably embarrassed. Everyone was staring at her, including me.
"S-sorry, I'm a little late.." She fiddled with her fingers shyly.

"That's alright, take a seat!"

She nodded and found a seat across the room from me.

"I'll start attendance!" Mrs. Flender said as she glanced at her clipboard.
One by one, every student who was present replied "here" as the teacher called out their names.

"Gein Pawtucket?"
"Here." Gein replied

"Peridot Green Pentagon?"

"Here!" Peridot replied
So... The girls name is Peridot? That's a cool name I guess. Now I know what to call her when I see her.
I snicker softly. Her last name is Pentagon? As in the shape? Hahaha what kind of last name is that? I probably shouldn't be the one laughing though, my full name is Lapis Bob Lazuli. Ugh Bob, why Bob! It's just such a simple name. (Not to offend anyone who's name is Bob, you have a beautiful name :3)

"Lapis Bob Lazuli? Are you here?" Mrs. Flender said while snickering.

What a bitch

"Here.." I replied back flustered.
"What a unique middle name Lapis!" Mrs. Flender said trying not to laugh.

Fuck you

I felt the stares of my classmates as those words left Mrs. Flenders's mouth. The whole class tried so hard not to laugh but couldn't contain themselves.
I feel my face turn red, I touch my cheeks and they were hot. Ugh, this is going to be a loooong class period.

{Peridot's POV}

I never ran as fast as I was ever in my life. All I could think about was:
I'm gonna be late
I'm gonna be late
I'm gonna be late
I'm gonna be late

I got yelled by 2 hall monitors and a teacher but I kept on running. Great, first day of class and I'm already late. I didn't care though, I just wanted to reach my destination. I glance down at my schedule and read what classroom I am supposed to be in.

301BC

Okay, I got the room number and scanned my eyes to find the correct roo- Oh wait.
There it is!
I bolted through the door before coming to a complete stop

"Waaaaaaiiiiiiit!" I scream.

I stood there awkwardly as the students glare at me.

"S-sorry, I'm a little late..." I stutter
"That's alright, take a seat!" The teacher replied.

I take a look around the classroom, then I spot her.

Her

She sat in the back, looking at me. Looks like she's in this class too.. huh