Melodies -PART 11

Finally, school was over. Surprisingly, it ended in a flash. Students still lingered around the school, Peridot would be one of them except she didn't have Gaming Club today. Peridot arrives home only to find her mom talking on the phone.

"Hello mother, I'm home from school." Peridot says peeking inside through the front door.
"Ahh okay fine, 15 minutes- Peridot! Welcome home from school!" Mother said. "Bring your stuff inside, I have to tell you something."

Peridot nods in agreement, sets all her items down and plops down on the couch,

Plop

"Okay honey, there's gonna be some guests coming over for a meeting, I'm gonna need you out of the house during that period of time." Mother says while doing the dishes with her ear on the phone.
"What? How long will it take?" Peridot said groaning.
"Probably at..." She glances at the clock. "7 p.m sharp."
"Oh alright, I'll get out of the house." Peridot says while picking up the t.v remote channel surfing.
"Like.. I need you to leave, right now." Mother says.
"Right now? But my Camp Pining Hearts show is on!" Peridot whines and motions her hand to the television.

"Peridot, you can watch it later! Go outside and live your life! You know, you just gotta 'yolo' it." Mother
giggles.

"Mom, nobody says yolo anymore.." Peridot says from embarrassment.

"Well I just used the term 'yolo' right now, Haven't I? Oooooh you just got roasted! You're mom.com is so 'savage' and hip!" Mother says while thumbing me up.

"Mom no."

(Mom yes)

"Okay okay get out now." Mother says while pushing dragging Peridot out the door.
"But where am I suppose to go!?" Peridot said with her hands up.
"I don't know! Go to the park! Be active!" Mother says while slamming the door in my face.

Grumble

I guess I could walk. I didn't bring my skateboard though *sigh* I guess I should go get it it then. Walking up the steps, Peridot is about to knock when the front door flew open.

"And here" Mother says while literally throwing the skateboard and my guitar in my face.

Peridot falls to the ground.

"Oof!" Peridot says in pain.

"Now goodbye! Leave!" Mother once again, slams the door into her face.

Peridot sighs while rubbing her fingers through the back of her neck. I guess I could to the park? This place doesn't really seem like home... Yet. Peridot isn't really familiar with the place.

Pulling herself up, she walks away from the house, she picks up her skateboard and skates away.

"I'll just go wherever the road takes me"

With the guitar on her back and the calming light breeze rushing up her skin. She took off into the direction of the unknown.

Peridot hums.

While skating around on the soundtrack, Peridot spots something in the distance. A glint of tree green could be seen in the distance. She isn't really a curious type but went to investigate the mysterious glow.

Heading towards the way to the light, she could make out a little bit of the object. Peridot squints her eyes in hoping that she could see the object. Each time the skateboard wheels roll counterclockwise on the ground ground, it was easy to spot what it was.

After further theorizing what the object could be.

It was a park.

Wow, that's not really what I had in mind. I hoped it would be something more exciting like an icecream truck and stuff.. ._.

I guess she wanted to go to the park anyways. Peridot skates to the park while taking a peak around.

This park ain't too shaby, even though it has all the necessities it needs for a park.
Slide
Swings
Monkey bars

Although there was this little oak wood bench. Towering pinetrees surrounding the bench. Unique flowers with a splash of all variety colors were planted on the ground. There was even some shade due to the trees hovering over the bench.

Peridot hopped to the bench and went to take a seat. Her legs were crossed and her hands were behind her neck. The skateboard and guitar was aligned on the Pinetrees.

"Ahhhh" Peridot said with no care in the world.

Sitting there in relaxation for a few moments. She spots the chocolate colored guitar and extends her arm to pick it up.

{With Lapis}

Lapis was enjoying a calming stroll in the park. The household she lived in was too blaring and noisy. Her mother was still annoyed from the rebellious teen for smashing a hole in her wall.

Walking on the sidewalk in the park, she spots a lily. Picking it up and putting it in her short blue hair, she begins to hum.

Lapis is walking to her favorite bench in the park when a beautiful melody was heard. She quickly hid behind the bushes.

She saw a Peridot playing the guitar, tapping her feet with the rhythm. Peridot hummed as she played the harmonious song. Lapis began to twirl and dance around to the beautiful music.

Peridot was in perfect sync and looks like she was getting into the song. It was beautiful, each strum she did was even better then the last part. I enjoyed the soothing music until it slowly faded away when we reached the end of the song.

I clap softly but loud enough for her to hear. Her calm expression turned into a shocked one

"Lapis!" Peridot said shocked while falling off the bench.
"How long were you listening?!" She asked with worried eyes.

"Long enough to know that you're a beast on the guitar." Lapis says with her mouth hanging on her chin.

"I-I guess it takes practice then I guess!" She said while blushing a little.

Lapis extends her arms towards Peridot, offering to help her up.
Peridot gladly accepted the offer and she got up.

"Why don't we hang out at the park?" Lapis suggested.

"Sure, why not? My mom kicked me out of the house anyways so it's alright." Peridot said jokingly.

"Alright! Let's go!" Lapis said while giggling. "Last one at the swings is a rotten egg!"

Lapis took off to the swings leaving Peridot.

"Hey! What are we? Five?" Peridot said yelling as she said chasing Lapis. Gathering her skateboard and guitar, she took of as well.

The both of them laughed while racing.

Okay! Is this a first date perhaps *wink wink* haha not yet, it's too soon. If you enjoyed this chapter, make sure to vote! It's not that hard, just click the star on the bottom corner! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Happy readings!

~Kay