Call From A Friend -PART 7

After the Gaming Club meet was done, everyone headed home. Everyone was outside, waiting for their ride. Including Peridot and her friends. We sat at a school bench, waiting around. Rue was distracted by her phone to even talk. Dalton, Amethyst, Citrine and I were just socializing.

"So Peridot. Tell us about yourself, we would like to get to know you better! Right guys?" Dalton said
Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"I would love to stick around and chat but I have to head home." I say

They all looked disappointed, I felt bad leaving. It looked like they actually wanted to get to know me.

"Bai Pericia" They all say in an unison

I pause for a second, face palming at their nickname they just gave me.

"Pericia?" I question, giving them a puzzled look.

"Oh yeah, you try coming up with a nickname then!" Citrine said sounding a bit embarrassed, probably because of that excuse of a nickname.

"How about, see you later Perigator?" I suggested

"Are you suddenly the Queen of clever nicknaming?" Amethyst said sarcastically

"Actually, I can be really creative and can come up with some pretty clever nicknames Ame." I say while snickering. "Bye guys, I'll see you tomorrow at school!" I said

"Bye Peri!"

With that said, I grabbed my skateboard and skated to my house. Before going off to my mini adventure to my house. I wave at my group of friends, without looking back. Trying to act cool.

"W-woahh!" I yell.

Of course, I almost slipped in the process, so much for acting cool huh Peridot. I heard giggling behind me but I try to ignore it and just concentrate on the sidewalk.

<Time Skip>

Just a couple more blocks to my house. Don't worry bed! Mommy's coming! The though of lying down and sleep for the rest of the day excited me even more. A big grin appeared on my face, I tried to make it stop but I lost the fight. So I skated to my house smiling like I just murdered someone.

<Couple more minutes later>

I arrive at my house, wanting to go lay down and relax. I was at the front door, pulling out my keys and unlocking the front door. I step inside, my face met the cool air inside the house. A feeling like when you come inside from a hot day outside, it feels relaxing.

I breathe in the cold air.

Taking off my shoes and shutting the door shut behind me, making sure I lock it. Walking up the stairs to my room, my mother was on the phone in her room. Being the nosy person I am, I start to eavesdrop. I try to leaning forward so I could hear what my mother was saying, this tactic seemed to work. It got to the point where my ears were planted against the door. Although hearing muffled sounds, I could only decipher a few words.

"Wha~? You ~~~ com~~~ here ~~m~rr~w?" That's all I heard from my mother, I couldn't solve the rest though.

Though I am quite curious, I'm also really tired so I decided to shrug it off.
Opening the door to my room, I flop down like a pancake on top of my bed. Slowly drifting to sleep. Sleeping for a couple of hours, something rudely interrupted my slumber.

If you want a burger, go get a burger,
And if you want some french fries,
Go get some french fries!

(Please don't tell me I'm the only one who remembers this ringtone!)

I awoke in a daze. My phone was flashing a bright screen. I pick it up while squinting.

"Errugh, the light!"

Lowering my brightness, I could see a little better. It seems that someone has called me.

It was 11:00 pm

(3) calls from 'PearlFromSpongebob'

I snicker quietly at Pearl's contact name. Hehehehe.

(6) messages from 'PearlFromSpongebob'

PearlFromSpongebob: Peridot! Wake up!

PearlFromSpongebob: Wake up Peridot!

PearlFromSpongebob: The band needs you!

PearlFromSpongebob: Tonight is really important!

PearlFromSpongebob: We need you to come to Gemsylvania! In the Abandoned Stage at Destino High School. You know, you're old school.

PearlFromSpongebob: No time to explain! Please just do it!

I read over the messages, shocked. Why on Earth would Pearl want me to go back home? She never texts me at night, maybe this is important. I don't want to let the band down, but then again. I have school.

I had a fight with myself wondering if I should go or not. Deep down in my gut, it tells me to go. My gut doesn't lie.

I wear a hoodie and some jeans, comb my hair and got ready quietly. Sneakily, walking down the stairs, I pass my mother's room, I hear loud snores which was normal. Opening the front doors, I go outside. It was pitch black. I start skating towards Gemsylvania

I can't believe I'm doing this.

With just my luck, it starts raining heavily.

Sigh

Suddenly, I notice a shady car follow me. My heart beats speed up. I start to skate a little faster, hoping I would lose the car. It was still behind me. My breathing began to act crazy. I was nervous and terrified. If I die, I'm blaming Pearl for this. All of a sudden when trying to escape the car, I trip and fall to the ground, I pass out. The only thing I remember is seeing the shady car stop. A couple of people got out of the vehicle and carried me to the car. I couldn't make out their faces, everything was blurry.

Everything goes black.

Helloooo! Pearl, if Peridot was kidnapped. This is all your fault! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Happy readings! Also I won't be updating in 2 days or less. Sorry! I just need time to ponder on some story ideas! I'll be back as soon as you know it!

~Kay