Delivery -PART 31

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY READERS!

The shades the color atomic tangerine beams through the window and shines down a neat bedside. It was about 5 in this quiet afternoon. A calming harmonious breeze lifts through the dim room.

Two pale finger joints softly strums their hands on the guitar strings.

"Hmmm"

They strum the strings once more.

"What if I try this cord?"

The same action repeats until they find the perfect chord to play.

"Ah-ha! I found the fitting tune!" They throw their arme up in celebration.

"Why aren't you an advance musician yet Peridot?" She ask herself.

"Probably because this problematic country simply cannot handle my expertise skills." Peridot answers. "Not yet at least." She laughs heartily by herself.

Peridot looks down on her arms.

The right arm shows a perfectly normal pale arm.

The left arm shows a metallic prosthetic in place of my old arm.

She frowns at the sight.

"Stupid arms." She mutters. "Why can't I be a normal person? Instead, I have these sorry excuses for an arm."

Both arms cover the regretful girl's face.

"It's all because of him."

Peridot can't even stand to think or even mention the person who ruined her life.

-Flashbacks of muffling voices play in repeat in her head-

Peridot falls on the cold concrete cememt. Shards of glass scatters nearby.

Time seemed to go by a lot slower than usual. The only sound she could hear at the time was her pumping heart going rapidly like drums.

Everything just happened so fast. One minute she was playing catch with Pantheon and then Peridot's on the ground next.

The crowd of enormous bullies huddle around the weak Peridot. They seemed as if they were giants compared to her.

They lean towards her closer and closer with a devious grin planted on their face.

Peridot holds her breath because she already knows what's going to happen next.

-Quick flashback ends-

Buckets of sweat drips down her forehead.

She could even feel that familiar specific pain in her leg where one of the kids kicked a little too hard while beating her up.

Immediately, she drops the guitar on the carpet floor.

An echoing crash rings in her ears as the rich golden brown guitar comes in contact with the ground.

The guitar todders at first but slowly becomes still.

She grabs a pillow and smuggles her face in it. She says in a muffled voice. "I refuse to think about that dreadful moment."

Her face heats up with rage and hurt. Clear droplets of tears form at the corner of her eyes.

"I'm just a cyborg. This isn't normal. I'm not normal."

Peridot sits in silence in that position for a few moments until she removes the pillow from her face. The white pillow has a two leftover wet spots on where Peridot's eyes were from crying.

"Stop thinking about that Peridot. You have better things to stress about than the past."

*Ding-Dong*

The doorbell ring echoes through out the house.

"Grr stupid clod." Peridot doesn't want to answer the door but she knows she had to eventually.

The gremlin makes her way to the front door.

She places the palk of her hand on ghe golden brim doorknob.

Back when Peridot in elementary school. The doorbell was ringing nonstop. Being less bright back then, she had opened the door without notifying her mother.

Which revealed a drunk robber with a bag on his left hand and a bottle of liquor on his right hand.

Apparently, he was trying to 'rob' the house in broad daylight with a banana as his weapon.

Hesitantly, Peridot opens the door.

A huge brown cardboard box with the words engraved "FRAGILE" on the sides reveals itself.

"A parcel?" Peridot asks herself.

Quickly, she brings the package insides the house.

She drops it on the living room floor with a little thud.

Peridot takes out a paid of silver bladed scissors and cuts open the tape.

The folds of the box lifts upwards.

Two pairs of arms reach inside the box and picks up a note.

Dear Peridot,

                  I hope this letter finds you in good health and in a prosperous position to put wealth in the pockets of people like me down on their luck. Ha I'm just messing with you pal. Here's the machine you've asked me to construct. It took me a while but it's finally finished and ready to test out. Hopefully you'll find the item to your satisfaction. Have fun Pear~

-Pantheon

"He finally finished it." Peridot's face lights up as she whispers with pride.

Peridot throws away the note.

She reaches her arms and grabs an object from the box. It was covered with bubble wrap.

The mysterious object was fairly a reasonable size as her arm.

Unwrapping the bubble wrap slowly and 'accidentally' popped a few.

It revealed a shiny futuristic green robotic gloves. A yellow streak strikes down on the middle. It held bright yellow floating fingers at the ends on each glove.

Peridot's eyes beam at the takes a gander at the beauty.

"You never fail to impress me Pantheon. You're a high class weaponry engineer."

Peridot slides each hand inside the gloves.

She felt the metallic coldness confining her two hands.

A sensations of power rushes through her spine.

These make a great powerful brass knuckles for punching.

Seeing as Peridot took only took little time spent on boxing.

She thought this might be useful for the events concert events taking place in only a minority number of days.

"I feel a great load of power I wield only at the tip of my fingertips."

Peridot stares at the gloves in amazement.

"I'll only use these only if things go terribly wrong on my end."

HEY READERS IT IS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY WOOOO! I GOT A BUNNY AND A HAMILTON SWEATER! Anyways I hope you enjoyed the quick little chapter! Sorry I haven't been updating often! Don't worry, I'm not stopping this story until the ending. Happy readings!

~Kay