For The Band -PART 8

....

Everything was blurry. I could hardly see anything. I heard murmured voices but that's it. My head was hurting, a lot. My eyes flutter open slowly. I could tell that I was laying down.

Where am I? I scan my surroundings and it looks like I'm in a car, it was moving on a road I'm not familiar with. Trying to remember how I got here, I could only remember a few things.

First I got a text from Pearl. Next, she told me to come to Gemsylvania, I think? Then, I skateboarded to my home town when a car was follo-

My eyes widen, I got kidnapped!

Sitting up quickly, I start to lose control and blurt out things.

"Ahhh!!!!"

"Please don't kidnap me! There's so many things I haven't done yet! I didn't graduate college. I didn't get to become a president! I haven't changed the law so that whenever you see a puppy, you-" I say panicking when I see a familiar face.

(Peri for president SPREAD THE WORD!)

An all too familiar voice spoke up.
"Haha Peri! Don't worry, we aren't kidnappers! Lapis! She's awake!"

Lapis?

I look at the driver and it was Lapis.

I don't know why but my face turned red, probably from embarrassment. Calming down, we sat there in awkward silence

A lot of questions filled my mind but the most important one was.

"Since when did you guys hang out?"

I felt an awkward wave of tension hit us.
Seriously? I could be asking something more important then this!

"Meh she's been a good friend of mine. Anyways, you need some explaining to do!" Amethyst said sounding worried. "Why are you out when it's this late!?"

"I ummm....." I say while trying to come up with an excuse.

"Grocery shopping?"

Really?

"I was just- Wait a minute! What are YOU and Lazuli doing out this late? Huh?" I say trying to turn the tables, I don't know why I was being so secretive. While pointing at them.

"We're heading to the Destino High at the abandoned stage, I don't think you've heard of it before." Amethyst replied.

Destino High? There's where I'm heading? What a coincidence. I needed a ride there anyways.

"That's where I was heading!" I say

"Weeeelll we could give you a ride! I'm pretty sure Lapis doesn't mind!" Amethyst says while nudging Lapis.

"Oh ummm sure I guess.." Lapis says grudgingly

"Anyways, why do you guys want to go to Destino High? It's like a 40 minutes dri-"

I was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Sorry, give me a moment." I grab my phone from my pocket and read what it was.

PearlFromSpongebob is calling

Sighing, I answer it.

Pearl- Peridot! Where are you! We need you here PRONTO!

I could hear cheering and clapping in the background.

Peridot- Pearl! You haven't even told me why you needed me back at Gemsylvania! You have some explaining to do! You awoke my precious beauty sleep! Plus, you know I have school tomorrow!

Pearl- Just hurry! This will change you and the bands future! This is all I ask of you! I'll explain the rest when you get here. Do it for the band!

*Sigh*

Peridot- Okay Pearl, I'm on my way.

Pearl- Thank you soooo much Peridot! You won't regret this!

Peridot- *mumbles* I sure hope so..

Pearl hangs up the phone.

"Okay guys, we're heading out at the same place I guess :P" I say sighing

"Sweet road trip!" Amethyst blurted out. "Put on some tunes Lapis!

Lapis switches to the radio and it played 'Work From Home' by Fifth Harmony.

We all groan in annoyance.

"This song is overplayed too much! It's annoying!" Lapis said frustrated

"Turn it off! It's hurting my ears!" Amethyst said while covering her ears.

"Let's give it a try, we never listen to the full song anyways Amethyst.

The chorus part comes on

You don't got to go to
Work work work
Work work work-

"I can't take it anymore" Lapis says and turns it off.

"Guys, don't scare me like that again, I thought I was about to get kidnapped." I say

"Well sorry, you shouldn't be roaming around at night, you should have at least called a cab. If we weren't there, you could've actually been kidnapped." Lapis said.

"Okay change the subject. Why are you guys out this late? Don't we have school tomorrow?" I ask. I was really curious.

"Amethyst and I usually go to a certian band's concerts often. Even if it's out this late. We just love the band so much. We're big fans. I've been to all their concerts. Even when they live in Gemsylvania." Lapis admitted

"Isn't it far from here though?" I said

"It's worth it though, their music is good." Amethyst said.

"Okay, I get it." I reply.

"So why were you out then Peridot?" Lapis asked curiously.

"My friend told me to come to my home town." I answered.

"You're from Gemsylvania?" Lapis question.

"Yeah, it seems serious. I hope my friends are alright" I said.

"I hope so too" Lapis said softly.

It was silent.

Looking around in the car from boredom.
I spot a guitar sitting in ths back trunk. Reaching out my hand to pick it up, squeal a little accidentally but picked it up.

"You okay back there Peri?" Amethyst says

"I'm fine, just saw something." I say while showing her the guitar.

"Oh yeah, that's my dad's. He use to play it on long road trips, he played this beautiful melody, it put everyone to sleep."

I look the guitar. The dust flew off the top when I rubbed the cover. Putting my hands on the string, I start to strum this melody my guitar teacher would play to me. Playing ever so softly, I heard a little hum from Lapis.

I played the soothing melody for the rest of the car trip.

Hey guys! I came up with some amazing ideas for the future chapters! I hope you enjoyed this!
Happy readings!

~Kay