Chapter 56

(Reader)

        Next thing I knew, I was in bed in Jack's room. I slowly pulled myself up, covered in the blankets of the bed. Was that all just a dream? I decided to find out. I stood up, got a pair of new clothes, and headed towards the washroom. After I was finished cleaning myself up, I changed into the pair of new clothes and brushed my hair with my hands. I looked into the mirror. 

'What did I do last night?' I thought.

I didn't remember anything except for me and Jack seeing each other downstairs yesterday. Shaking my head, I turned the knob to the door and peeked out. It was still dark outside. The sun was about to rise, sending bright flashes of orange and yellow from the sun. I closed the washroom door behind me and went into Jack's room. 

(Jack)

      After our conversation, I saw her eyes were a little droopy, so I lifted her up onto my back. She was already dozing away when I had reached my room. I kicked the door open, and set her down softly onto the bed. I pulled the covers onto her. Just as I was about to leave, I felt something grasp my hand. I turned around to see her hand grasping mines. Sure, I was blushing madly and decided to let go, but part of me knew that this was one in a lifetime chance.

"Don't.. Leave.. Me..." She whispered, pulling my hand towards her.

The thought broke my heart. I knew she wanted to be here, but it would be rather risky. I sat down next to her. And eventually, she let go of my hand. 

I looked at the clock. It was 5:30 A.M. I better go before she sees me like this. Quietly, I stepped out of the room and headed downstairs.  

I was smiling from ear to ear.