Chapter 50

(Jack)

         I know, I know, I know. I haven't been talking to her that lately. And it's technically Bosses fault. All his fault. I want to talk to her, but I just can't. It's like Slender man controls my spirit now. And God knows what he might do to her when I let my guard down. I'm just doing this so that she can be safe. Getting her hurt is the last thing I want in my life. Though, I see Hoodie hang with her sometimes. I wonder if Boss even knows that. When I went down to eat, I noticed right away Hoodie wasn't there. He was usually the first person to be at the table and eat. Suddenly, I felt this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this had to do something with her. I was tempted to go and check, but I know Boss wouldn't like that. Not after when Boss had practically sliced my back open. So, I just ignored the feeling and ate. Normally I would finish my meal with a piece of candy. However, just picking one up, made me think of her. Everything made me think of her. Goddammit. I miss her so much. Why couldn't I just be with her. Yet, I ask this question to myself a lot, even though I already knew the answer. If I could make one wish, I would wish that I could be with her forever. 

      Sighing, I tucked the candy away. I wasn't in the mood for sweets anymore. Instead, I sat criss-cross on the couch nearby and smacked my head on my palms repeatedly until a voice interrupted.

"Dude, what on earth are you doing." 

I looked up to see Jack. Eyeless Jack to be precise. 

"Smacking my head. What does it look like to you." I responded back.

Eyeless Jack, who I knew was pretty emotionless, just shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Hoodie's up with her, in case you're wondering." Eyeless Jack said.

I stared at him, mouth agape. "How.." I started.

"I saw you both." Eyeless Jack interrupted me.

I could feel my face turning hot. 

"Don't worry, I'll be sure not to tell Boss." Eyeless Jack said.

I nodded. "Thanks," 

"You want me to check on her?" Eyeless Jack offered.

I nodded again. "Sure, and thanks again dude." 

Eyeless Jack nodded back at me. "No problem," he said.

And he walked out, just like that.