Chapter 52

(Jack)

My eyes were glued to the staircase. I was waiting for Eyeless Jack to come down. I could hear murmurs of voices upstairs. I decided to wait a little longer. Sooner or later, Eyeless Jack walked down the stairs with the same expressionless face. 

"So? How'd it go?" I asked, nervously.

He shrugged. "Small conversation. More or less." 

I frowned. "Did she ask anything?"

He nodded. "The lists of all the people's names living in this house." 

I tilted my head. "Why on tarnation would she ask that?" 

Eyeless Jack shrugged again. "I don't know, man."

I sighed. "Thanks anyways.." I muttered quietly.

Eyeless Jack nodded at me, then turned around on his heels, and disappeared.

        I honestly don't know what's going on in that mind of hers. Why on earth would she ask such a thing? Hmm. Maybe she wanted new friends instead of me? No, that's not possible. Stop thinking like that Jack. Maybe that question didn't mean anything at all. She's a nice person. She couldn't do anything harmful. Right? I trust her since the beginning we first met. The feeling of wanting her made my heart split in two. I was nothing without her. And yet, Slender man keeps forcing us to stay away from each other. It just isn't fair.. And what about Hoodie? Hadn't Slender man noticed at all? 

Millions of questions swirled my mind. But all of these questions, connected to the same person. It is her who I love, the most.