Chapter 12

I entered the room me and Jack were staying in last time. I closed the door silently and leaned my back against the wall, sliding down. I sighed, keeping the icepack above my bruised head. I waited for a minute for Jack to come in the room. But he didn't. Where was he? I leaned my ear against the hollow wall to detect some sort of noise. But there wasn't. I shrugged it off and pressed the ice pack deeper into the bruise. I leaned my head back against the wall and closed my eyes, letting myself being swallowed by the darkness.

       I was awoken by the sound of a door slamming. I opened my eyes and saw Jack standing there. 

"You okay?" He asked, concerned.

I sighed, "If I say I'm okay, I'll probably hiccup and that means I'm lying."

He sat down next to me. "So anything you wanna talk about?" He asked, staring at the wall.

I hesitated before speaking, "Did you talk to Hoodie?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't."

I frowned but didn't press him any further. I glanced at the clock. It read 8:37 P.M. 

I stood up awkwardly.

"Uh.. where am I sleeping?" I asked, awkwardly.

He looked at me for a minute before answering, "You can rest in this room while I go share a room with the others."

I nodded back in reply before watching Jack leave the room. I sighed and stared at my old clothes. I sniffed and gagged. It reeked like HELL. I sighed. I was too tired now. Perhaps I should go tell Jack next morning. I flopped across my bed and slipped into darkness.