Chapter 30

I turned the handle of the faucet on, sending cold water tumbling down into the drainer. I pulled the sleeve of my sweater up and rinsed it with water. I bit my lip as the water sinked into the wound, making the water turn light pink. Once I finished cleaning my wound, I splashed the running water onto my face, making it fresh. I turned the faucet around, deactivating it. I wiped my face with the opposite side of the wound on my sweater. I walked into Jack's room and saw Jack staring at the puddle of blood next to him. My eyes widen as I realized I forgotten to pull the sleeve, revealing my wound down. At the exact moment, Jack looked at me, then his eyes traveled down to my arm, blood leaking down a little, but the size of the cut was still the same. 

"What happened?" Jack asked, his eyes squinting at me.

I shook my head, too stunned to speak. Jack shook his head as well as he got up and headed out the room. Instead of standing there like an idiot, I went into the washroom to get a small towel to clean the pool of blood up. I went inside Jack's room and bent down, rubbing the floor. The blood slowly soaked into the towel, leaving the floor a little bit stained with blood. I tossed the bloody towel into a basket nearby the handstand and sat on the floor. 

"You okay?" Jack asked, once he returned with an aid-kit in his hand. 

"Yeah." I stated.

I hiccuped.

Jack frowned. "You're lying." 

"It just hurts a little bit, It's not that much." I said, shrugging.

Jack went over to me and opened the aid-kit box, grabbing a band-aid along the way. He teared the plastic away and patched the band-aid onto the cut. He lifted my arm up and kissed it softly.

I pulled my hand away. "What was that for?" I asked, leaning back.

"A kiss always makes it go away quicker." He said, smiling from ear to ear.

I crossed my arms and tilted my head at him. "Wow." I laughed, shaking my head.

I let out a low whistle and leaned back against the wall. "What were you going to say?" I asked, my mind flown to the thought of when I asked why Jack wanted me here, but he was cut off.

Within a full minute of silence, Jack answered, "That's for me to keep it as a secret, and for you to find out." He said.

I banged my head against the wall softly. "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.

Jack leaned his head back and laid his head on my lap. 

"Woah, what do you think you're doing?" I asked. 

"Making myself comfortable, hold still." He said, his eyes already closed.

"I relaxed my tensing legs. "You asleep yet?" I asked.

"About to." He informed me with his eyes closed. 

I sighed and watched the clock tick forward slowly. Five minutes had past already.

"You asleep yet?" I asked, this time more softly.

Jack didn't answer, his eyes closed and his chest heaving up and down at a slow and peaceful pace.

I smiled at the sight of him and blinked. My eyelids felt really heavy. I blinked this time more slowly and my vision was getting blurry. I blinked the second time, and dark corners surrounded my eyelids. I blinked for the third time, and complete darkness surrounded me.