Chapter 49

Jack didn't talk to me much for the rest of the night. When he had finished cleaning the washroom, I just changed. Plain simple. No words. I felt pretty annoyed by this. I don't even know why, but for some reason, it just is.

The next morning, the same thing happened. No words. While Jack went down to get breakfast, I just sat there on the bed with my fresh new changed clothes, hugging my knees. A knock interrupted me and my peace. My eyes darted towards the door, slightly narrowing. I stood up and opened the door. In stood was Hoodie.

"Oh, hey Hoodie," I greeted.

Hoodie waved.

"Is there something you want?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"I-is J-Jack m-mad at y-you?" Hoodie questioned me.

I hesitated. "I'm not really sure either.." I muttered under my breath.

Hoodie nodded.

"N-Need b-breakfast?" He asked.

I nodded back in reply as Hoodie left the room.

I sat back down on the bed, placing my hands on top of the window, peering out. I saw a tiny ladybug crawling on the window. I gently cupped my fingers around it, held it close to my chest. Like my grandpa and I would used to do when I was little, We were to cup the ladybugs in out hands and hold them close to our chest and make a wish. I closed my eyes, prayed for my wish to come true. I opened my eyes and I unraveled my hands. I watched as the tiny ladybug flew away into the endless blue sky. If Jack were to make a wish, he probably had a lot to choose from. And sometimes, I wonder if Jack sometimes wishes what I wish too.