Chapter 37

"But you know you'll get in trouble for this." I stated.

"Doesn't matter. I can't control my feelings with you here anyways." Jack said, shrugging.

"Jack, it's fine. I'll go if you want to.." I said, my voice trailing off.

"But then, you'll never forget me." Jack looked at me with desperate eyes.

"I can at least try." I said.

Jack looked at me. "But what if you can't forget me? What will happen next?" He asked, his eyes narrowing.

I took a deep breath in. "Don't worry, I'll forget you." I said.

And with that said, I left him. I left the house. I left my dreams behind. I left all my memories behind me. I left my life behind.

I fled from the house, I didn't know where I was going, nether did I even care. I just ran. Ran and ran and ran until I came to a stop, panting with my face streaked with tears on my face. 

'You did the right thing.' The voice muttered deep in my thoughts.

I wasn't convinced by this. 'No..' I thought.

'You did what was right, a day later, he could've killed you.' The voice said.

'No.. Jack isn't like that..' I thought.

'Some people hide their true self inside them..' The voice murmured.

Then, a vision popped into my mind. It was Jack. His hair was down and messy. His skin was really pale and gray. He was standing around bloody parts of what looked like... human parts? Suddenly a light flashed in the corner. The door opened and there was me standing there. Wait what? Oh right, this is just a vision.. The 'imaginary me' looked at Jack. Jack looked back at 'me' and charged at me, chainsaw with blood and everything. When Jack was at 'me' he sawed my head off, nothing left. Not even with emotion. Then, the vision disappeared.

'I told you, you wouldn't be safe with that maniac..' The voice muttered.

I shook my head, blinking back tears. 

'He isn't like that..' I thought, repeating it over and over.

'You must face the truth. No one can hide the truth..' The voice thought.

'No.. he isn't like that.' I thought.

I kept repeating the thought over and over again. However, I knew that the voice was right. I decided to believe it. 

However, I hiccuped.