Chapter 26

"Come on, let's go upstairs and talk later." Jack said, grabbing my arm along the way.

I followed him up the stairs two steps at a time before hearing a soft static noise in my ears. The static noise became louder and louder that it was so painful I stopped in my tracks. 

Jack stopped in his tracks too, and turned around to look at me. "You okay?" He asked.

I inhaled a deep breath. "Yeah." I said, ignoring the loud static noise ringing in the back of my head.

I brushed past Jack and headed towards the room. 

"You know, you can stay in my room if it's too boring or anything." Jack said, leaning against the door.

"Okay.." I said, nodding. 

"You can come now if you want," Jack suggested, already heading out.

"W-Wait for me!" I exclaimed, scrambling towards the door. 

I quickly scrambled after Jack into his room. As I entered the room, I felt completely shocked. Heaps of clothes were stacked in a pile,  the sheets of the bed were in another corner of the room and dust was clinging on to each piece of furniture. 

"Sorry, it's kind of a mess right now.." Jack grunted, cheeks flushing red.

"Do you still want to stay here?" He asked.

I mean, a few messes could turn to a beautiful room right?

"Yes," I said, nodding. 

I glided past Jack and headed towards the heaping pile of clothes. I stuffed them into a basket nearby the handstand and carries it with the handles, heading towards the door.

"Do you have a washing machine?" I asked.

Jack scrunched his nose like he smelled something funny. "What's that?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Never mind, I could do this in the washing room instead." I sighed.

I quickly headed towards the opposite room of Jack's and kicked open the door with my foot since my hands were already full. I placed the basket filled with dirty clothes on the floor and turned on the sink, running cold water. I picked up a bloody-stained black T-shirt and placed it in the sink full of cold water and started washing the shirt clean. Water splashed across the sink and onto my face. I could see Jack stare at me from the corner of my eye. 

"It's your clothes, don't just stand there, help me." I said, glaring at him.

However, Jack didn't listen to what I said for he went inside his room once more. Sighing, I turned back to my work and picked up the soaked T-shirt that was now clean, on the shelf to let it dry. I heard footsteps coming towards me so I looked up from my work. Jack was heading towards me, but not empty-handed. He was carrying a blow-dryer, a small towel and a rubber-band. Feeling relieved that he didn't leave me behind, I picked up another piece of clothing to wash. I was about to lean down towards the sink to rinse it better before a soft fluffy material was right in front of my face. I pushed it back, not knowing what it was.

"Relax, I'm just wiping your wet face." Jack informed me.

I released my tensing shoulders and relaxed. After he finished wiping my face, he grabbed the blow-dryer and headed towards the soaked-stained black T-shirt to dry it, I assume. After he was drying for a couple of minutes, I went back to washing the clothes. Not until 5 minutes later, I felt a gust of hot air ruffling my hair. I turned around and saw Jack standing there with a grin on his face, blow-dryer facing me. 

"Hey!" I shouted, giggling. 

I rinsed my hands with water and splashed the drops on him for payback. 

"Eek!" Jack shrieked, as the cold water hit him. 

Gusts of hot air was flying everywhere and so were the drops of cold water. Hot air into fire and cold drops into water. Water and fire will never be together, but I feel that that, could change now.