Chapter 1

A/N So guys I'm rewriting this as I didn't like the previous version! Hope you like this version better.

I was returning from a quest and I had the perfect surprise for Annabeth, it was a ring with an owl and a trident stuck in the beak of the owl. I had Tyson make it out for me, so it means it was really gorgeous.

I was actually glad to leave and it was all because of Neil Mitch.

It happened a few days before I went on the quest. I was returning back from dinner one day when I heard a scream. I ran to Thalia's pine tree as I heard the scream from there. When I reached, I saw a boy curled up in a ball and there was a hellhound running towards him.

I grabbed riptide without a second thought and slashed it in half before it can hurt the boy.

"Hey!" I smiled at the kid, looking down. "Are you OK? The other campers should be arriving soon."

Just then I heard some campers making their way over and was relieved that some Apollo campers can heal him if he got hurt. Suddenly, the kid threw me on the ground and yelled, "I beat the hellhound without training and this puny kid was here curling up into a ball and too frightened to even move!" A wave of shock went through the crowd when he said that, even I was shocked that he could come with something like this.

Then Chiron came up to me and said, "Out of all people, I never thought that you would've been the one to cower away from Hellhound, I am very disappointed Percy. I expected more from the hero of Olympus, son."

"Chiron you could never believe him, please you know that!" I tried to talk some sense into him but it was as if he didn't even think that one of his oldest campers would help someone, he shot me a filthy look and took the new camper away.

"Can't believe Percy would do that..." I heard some people silently whisper to each other. I felt angry that my family ditched me for him in a second but managed to control my anger. I still had my close friends, it didn't matter, I had told myself.

The next few days the campers including the seven kept shooting me filthy looks because the boy I "saved" kept spreading rumours about me stealing and breaking their favourite belongings and gifts from their godly parents but I didn't do it and it hurts that they would believe him.

But as long as I have Annabeth, I can go through anything.

Then I got a sole quest and was this relieved to get away from the looks and scars the campers gave me every day.

So here I am now, with the perfect ring for her in my hands. I searched for my Wise girl everywhere but she was nowhere to be found. Finally deciding that she might be on the beach, I started making my way there.

I started to slow down when I heard voices which were strangely familiar. "Oh my gods, Neil I love you so much!"

I came to a sudden halt when I heard my Wise girl's voice.

I looked down, not wanting to see what would be lying in front of me.

With a shaky breath out, I slowly opened my eyes, begging to all the gods and primordials out there for it to not be what I think it was.

I took in a sharp breath as I saw what was in front of me.

Wise gi- no, Annabeth, Neil and my father.

"I'm so glad so chose Neil over my no good of a son. I have never been more disgraced in my entire life as I am now with him stealing and breaking the campers' things. Things that the gods gave their kids- you know what, I'm going to disowned right this day. He killed his family."

Tears sprung to my eyes as I heard Poseidon sat this.

"I Poseidon, hereby disown Perseus Jackson! He killed his parents and his own baby sister who was only a few weeks old! May the Fates never let him and his Soul rest!"

I looked down as I could practically hear my heart shatter into pieces.

I looked away as a single lone tear made its way down my face.

I quietly made my way to my cabin and packed my suitcase.

With one last letter to my former family, I left. Never wanting to look back again..........

Chaos POV************************************************************************************

As the young hero looked up, I noticed something. His usual sparkling sea green eyes were now empty, blank. I saw as the hero unknowingly drop a single red box onto the sand. I saw him pack his stuff, write that letter and saw him say goodbye to what used to be his second home.

They had betrayed him, destroyed the hero in him. But I couldn't do that one of the most powerful demigods in history.

So at that moment. I knew I had to help him.

Little did I know who he was...

The letter:

Dear Annabeth, the rest of the seven, Poseidon, Chiron and campers,

Thank you for taking care of me Chiron but now it's time to grow up and take care of myself, isn't it?

The campers, thank you for being friends with me and believing in me till now. I hope you can all forgive me if I did anything wrong.

The seven, thank you for taking me in and stay together no matter what happens. It is the only thing I can ask for you guys so, please...

Poseidon, dad, I know you never wanted me but thank you for treating me like a real son, unlike other gods. Take care of Tyson.

Annabeth, I knew you could never love a seaweed brain like me but I loved every single moment I spent with. No matter what, I would never regret falling in Tartarus with you. I'm glad you're starting your life all over again and this time, there will not be a seaweed brain to mess that up. I hope you find in Neil what you couldn't find in me.

I still love you all as a family but I don't think I can ever forgive you.

Neil, son of Nemesis, I don't know what I did to you but please take care of Annabeth for me.