"Okay, do you accept change for a-"

"Here ya go!" A voice from behind interrupted Peridot.

Peridot turns around only to find her close friend Lapis.

"Lazuli?" Peridot said puzzled.

Lapis digs into her jean shorts and pulls out a few a crumbled up dollar bills.

She walks over to the counter and winks to Peridot as she passes her.

She hands the money to the cashier. "Keep the change."

"Thank you, give me a few minutes to get your decaf prepared." The blonde girl left Lapis and Peridot alone.

Lapis leans on the counter and digs her hands in her pocket. "How's it going Peri?"

"Lovely seeing you here Lazuli." Peridot greets and adjusts her maroon scarf that hangs on her neck.

"Thanks for paying for my decaf Lazuli. I appreciate it."

"It was no trouble at all." Lapis replies. "It seems as if we always bump into each other everywhere we go."

"I guess. I don't mind the extra company at all." Peridot says.

"It's almost as if it's destiny." Lapis chuckles a little.

"Ha" Peridot says blankly. "Don't be ridiculous Lazuli."

Lapis puts her arms up in defense. "I know I know." Lapis curls up a smile.

The two enjoy the calming silence.

Peridot didn't want to admit it but Lapis looked really stunning today.

Her majestic oceanic blue hair fits her so well. Her perfect chiseled face makes Peridot want to stare at even more.

Not to mention her outfit choices are perfection. Right now she's wearing a finely quilted unbuttoned plaid patterned flannel. A white tanktop was shown with the words "SUM 41" engraved on them.

A beautiful silver chained necklace hung around her neck.

She also wore a pair of ripped blue denim jeans. With black worn out converse.

This was a generic normal attire for Lapis. Almost anything Lapis wore looked amazing on her.

"What're you looking at?" A voice from the heavens brought her back to reality.

"S-Sorry." Peridot blinked rapidly and stumbled backwards. "I was just zoning out."

The nice cashier came back with a decaf in her hands. "Here you go. Enjoy." She sets it down on the counter.

Coffee looked so delightful to Peridot right now. The chilly autumn aroma of fall makes coffee a perfect time to enjoy.

The steam trails it's way upwards. The chestnut colored beverage was mixed with milk swirled.

Peridot proceeds and slowly sips from the beverage.

"Or were you just zoning out on my hot face?" Lapis teased and gave a flirty wink.

She practically chokes on her drink. "Ha! You wish!"

Lapis sticks out her tongue at Peridot.

Peridot rolls her eyes playfully and goes back to drinking her decaf.

The green girl feels a little poke on her shoulder.

She turns and sees Lapis with sorrowful puppy dog eyes.

"What?"

Lapis whimpers and motions to the decaf.

"Pwease Peri?"

Indisputably, Peridot extends her arms to Lapis's face and gives her the cup. "Careful, it's hot." She sighs.

Peridot carefully lifts the cup into Lapis's arms. Until Lapis firmly grasps it.

"Thanks Peri." She giggles gratefully.

"You're welcome."

Lapis brings the sweet steamy coffee up to her face and sips it slowly. She savors the bittersweet flavor then nods in approval.

"You have a good taste in coffee." Lapis continues to drink the beverage.

"Thanks I guess." Peridot watches Lapis enjoy the decaf.

Lapis notices this and halts her action. Her eyes meet Peridot's. She rubs her neck shyly.

"Do you maybe wanna go to the boardwalk with me?"

"S-Sure."

Of course Peridot was going to accept. She quite frankly enjoys the company from Lapis.

Lapis skips her way excitedly out the door with Peridot lagging behind.

Lapis's face lights up. "Cool! Let's go hit the Merry-Go-Round!" Lapis cheered as if she was a little kid.

Peridot chuckles. "Okay Lazuli. Only if I get to win you a dolphin at the 'Test your Strength' game."

Lapis pauses and laughs heartily. "Ha! With those noodle arms!?" Lapis teases while pinching Peridot's arm.

Peridot turns to Lapis with an overly dramatic shocked expression. "I feel offended!"

Lapis sticks out her tongue at Peridot. Which Peridot mimics her and does the same while heading out the door.

As the duo leave, the blonde girl rests her head on her shoulders with a tall orange haired boy next to her.

"They'd make a pretty cute couple." The blonde girl whispers to the tall boy.

"I ship it Sade." The boy responds with a playful nod.

"Me too."

That's the end of the chapter! I hope you readers have an amazing day! I didn't get to edit this so mind the grammar mistakes!
Happy readings!

~Kay