Coming home.

I couldn't believe it. But I did. The search for Ash was reignited as soon as I recovered from the shock, and all of the energy I lost came back twice as much. I worked hard and kept pushing, and soon we got word back that he was found in one of the main camps they raided. As soon as the letter arrived my heart soared, Ash is coming back. He's alive. I didn't hear his condition or how he was, but I didn't care. He's alive. That's all that matters. It'd take a week for him to make it home, even with vampiric speed.

     "I know you're impatient, but you have to calm down. The war is almost over, so please, Juliet come on." Damion said, trying to reason with me as I paced back and forth with vampiric speed, as I've been doing for over 24 hours straight.

     "Let her be, how do you think I'd be if I were in her shoes?" Jordan said, laughing at how I'm acting.

     "Only 1 day, 12 hours, 32 minutes, and 54 seconds. 53, 52, 51, 50..." I  counted to myself, again, something I've been doing for quite some time now.

      "Ok, I'm going to knock her out if she doesn't stop. I was worried before, but this is insane..." I hear Damion mutter, Jordan agreeing.

     I simply ignored them. We were winning the war and that obvious fact made it so that I don't fell as bad to trusting most of the strategizing to Jakob, as I don't trust myself to make smart decisions. I couldn't rest nor could I eat. I couldn't stop moving and at this point, I probably wouldn't mind. It'd make the time of his arrival come quicker.

     "Juliet, come on. I know you're worried, but please, calm down." Jordan said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

     "I'm aware, but I can't. I can't even think. I can't...I  just..." I mumbled, stopping. I wrapped my arms around Jordan, him hugging me back.

     "I know, I know, it's alright. Just, please, rest." Jordan said, my body listening to him when my mind didn't want to.

     I fell asleep in his arms, unable to keep it all up any longer. When I slept I dreamt of my childhood before my parent's deaths.

     I sat crying beneath a tree, utterly lost. I didn't know where I was, how to get back and to make matters worse the sun was setting and it was growing cooler. Ash and I got into a fight and I ran off into the woods, ignoring his calls. After a while, I stopped and realized I'd gotten lost. I tried to find my way back but I only got lost further. I was scared and just wanted to go home. I don't even remember what the fight was about but it was something stupid that didn't matter.

     "Juliet!" I heard a voice shout and looked up to see a breathless Ash running over to me. I got up and ran to him, wrapping my arms around the older kid.

     "I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." I whimpered, clutching Ash like a lifeline. He rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

     "It's alright, let's just go home. Your parents are worried. Come on, let's go." He said, holding my hand as he led me back to the castle. Back home.

      I gasped awake in my bed, and once I realized what happened before I passed out. I took a quick shower to try to calm down but all it did was give me time to think. I got dressed and paced in my room, nervous to see what'd I'd fine if I left the haven. By now I'd adjusted to being in an almost perpetual state of vampiric mode, but I still couldn't walk forever. I couldn't take it anymore, I walked out of my room and straight to my office. I clarified the date with a few others. It was late, I only have a couple more hours until they arrive.

     Just a few more hours until he's home.