A Tangled Mass of Idiots in Armor.

PLEASE READ.

     How'd you feel if I wrote another story on here? I'm writing some off of here. On Wattpad, I currently have two series of two different genres and I was thinking of doing a third. If you're interested, the first chapter should be out shortly after publishing this chapter.

     Also, I need feedback/editors on The Missing Children (check on my profile) because I'd like to at least place in the #OnceUponNow competition (it's my first and I hope to do well), so thanks.

     Sorry for MIA. This summer is super busy so I may not have all the time I want. I thank you for your patience as I try to do everything at once. Trying to keep this short. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It makes so much more sense now. She lost her family. She fears to lose her current family. I mean, she made a connection with Scout and me. She wants to protect him. She wanted to protect me...but now...I'm a member of the royal family she fears so much. The only one she has left is Scout. She'd do anything to protect him. I smiled sadly.

     "Like you, I lost my family to the past Royals as well. I'm sorry. I refuse to let anything like that happen to anyone again." I said softly.

     "They took them. My little sister, my little brother, the big brother that raised me when my parents were forced to work day in and day out to make sure we could eat and had shelter from the horrid elements. They took them all..." She broke down, dropping to her knees so her arms were above her on the table.

     "I'm so sorry..." I felt so much guilt. If I'd remembered a little earlier, if I'd done more...

     All the knights rose and I nodded, letting them leave. Scout got up and ran over to her, wrapping his arms around her.

     "Hey, guys? How'd you like to live here? You'd both get rooms nearby, you'll never go hungry. You can come and go wherever whenever. You have to understand for the time being everything's a little crazy so you'll have to wear something signifying your an ally so the knights don't attack. Other than that, you can live here. If you need to. I can't go in person, at least not right now, so you can take what you need and if you can't find something ask and I'll pull some strings. I know that this doesn't begin to make up for...anything, but I'm trying to weed out the bad guys. In the castle, humans aren't treated badly and any humans found by us in outlying towns won't be hurt, or taken. Despite being the queen I can't do everything. At least not alone. Would you like to be a sort of...royal emissary for the people? I'm sorry for this and if you don't want to you can leave. I understand if you-"

     "Oh shut up. Thank you. Thank you so much. We accept." Briana said, cutting off my endless rambling. I'd been staring at the table so I didn't see them stand and move over, half-tackling me in a warm embrace. They both had tears running down their face and I smiled, hugging back.

     "Thank you so much, my Queen." Scout whispered in my ear. I laughed lightly.

     "It's not enough, but it's all I can do for now. I'd prefer it if we kept my...disability a secret for now, though." I said softly. I already know what to do at social events I can't avoid and have to dance at. Contacts and a steady supply of blood so I simply stay vampiric for as long as I have to stay upright.

     They both nodded. They stood upright and Scout darted over to the door silently. We all composed ourselves and he pulled open the door, the knights falling on each other as the surface they were leaning on and trying to listen to was pulled away. We all laughed at their red-faced stupidity as they all tripped over their own words with odd excuses that made no sense.

     "Besides, I could use a female friend. There's too much testosterone in the air." I laughed, still watching the pile of idiots trying to untangle their chainmail and armor and stuff from one another (only making it worse) while addressing Briana, who was still standing beside me. She simply nodded, trying to stifle a laugh herself. Ah, my boys. They can be troublesome.