References Galore.

This is more of a filler chapter and OH THE REFERENCES. Fan girls/boys alike, unite!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Bright and early the next morning (As in it was like noon and I couldn't move because Ash wouldn't wake up and I wasn't dragging my useless body across the room to my wheelchair. Besides, I'm used to this by now. It happens quite often, but Jordan and Damion usually need him to they storm in here and throw him against a wall or something.) Briana and Scout left for their place again. I'm just happy they accepted. Over the next couple days, things slowed down to a painful crawl once more.

     I found myself once again in the throne room, this time circling the perimeter in my wheelchair. I'm in my now-favorite attire, wearing one of the pairs of gloves I still have, the fingerless ones that cut off at the wrist. It was wearing my hands too thin. I'd finished the paperwork, wore my hands raw with archery and sword fighting (vampiric mode, learning to sustain that and deal with the contacts) and found I was able to increase vampiric mode slowly before I need blood and/or pass out. I'd also finished my studies and tortured through the line of my subjects that really had no issues I could help with. There were some cases that made me squirm and add to the ever-growing mental to-do list. I was just lazily pushing myself around the room then I heard footsteps. The guards never moved and no one knew about my...thingy...and I'd like to keep it that way. I went vampiric to find out who it was then smiled, closing my eyes and continuing my lazy circling. Ash walked in, closing the door behind him quickly enough no one saw anything. I don't know...I just don't want people to see that their Queen is weak and disabled, and the foolish hope I hold that I'll heal.

     "Hello, my Queen." He said, and in a split second, I was in his arms, laughing.

     "Why hello, my knight." I said, looking up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

     "I love you." He whispered, his gaze meeting mine.

     "I love you too." I whispered back, smiling as I pulled him down so his lips met mine. I got lost in him, and hopefully he got lost in me. We parted, smiling at each other. My face on fire, him managing to keep his cool. Damn him. A door slammed across the hall and I squeaked, both from surprise and the fact Ash would've dropped me if I hadn't been clinging to him for dear life.

     "Well, that was adorable." He smiled, kissing the tip of my nose. My face flamed again.

     "Bitch." I simply said, playfully glaring at me.

     "Jerk." He simply replied. My eyes widened, jaw dropping, he simply smirked. Oh. My. God.

     "I. Love you! I love you so much!" I shouted at him, kissing him again. He got the reference! Hell, he made the reference! Ah! Fangirl much I know shut up. I've luckily been able to keep up because someone sleeps in too much. Ah, joy. There was a knock on the door and I calmed down on my little attack. Considering they didn't just enter I listened for a second. I smiled.

     "Guys I told you, you don't have to wait for permission." I called out, Ash turning so he was facing the door as Jordan and Damion slipped through.

     "Well, what's gotten you so giddy?" Jordan smiled at my flaming face.

     "I'm in love with a nerd. It's official, never letting him go." I grinned. They just laughed at me.

     "Nerds." Damion said, smiling.

     "Age of the geek baby. Age of the geek." I said, quoting an awesome hacker with an awesome blonde thief of a girlfriend.

     "Oh, my gods..." Ash mumbled. He got it! With a glance, I knew he made another one. He reads! I thought I saw an R.R. book in his room. He's a keeper. Never ever letting him go. (To all who got those references: I salute you.)