Simplicity.

"Well, this is it. This is my home. My parents have been...gone, for quite some time now. You may know what I mean. You seem to be alone as well. Untrusting. Thanks, once again, for saving me. I'd stolen some blood. Since I have no job and no one to look after me, I'd been starving for quite some time now. I'm sorry for the trouble." She said, sheepishly smiling and rubbing the back of her neck. I pulled off my gloves and shoved them in my pocket. I just stared at her. How much blood did she steal to warrant this punishment? To be put to death for simply trying to survive? "It was just one bag, but it's fine. Not like I'd be missed. However, I still don't want to die."

     One bag? One bag? What the bloody hell happened in my absence (shit my accent...fuck it)? I just...damn it all. I knelt, punching the hard ground, causing a small crater and the area around us to shake slightly as my vampiric side came into effect. I covered my eyes with my hand, which is now bleeding. And I used my other hand to support myself and both knees hit the ground. I recovered in a second, rising to my feet, my eyes flickering back to their silver, so I dropped my bleeding hand. Briana put her hand on my shoulder and I shrugged it off. She just shrugged and opened the door. I followed her inside only to finally get hit with a wave of complete exhaustion. I fell to the ground, unconscious instantly.

     When I woke up I was somewhere I don't recognize. I got up quickly, falling to the ground, grabbing the bed. I slowly stood up, remembering. I felt my mask and beanie still on. The only difference in my outfit is the bandage on my hand. The house was simple red brick, dark oak wood. No windows. Two stories, wooden roof. Simple, as is the room I'm in. It's a corner room, the two walls brick, directly connected to the outside. 'no windows, the other two walls painted tannish white. The door is also dark oak, as is the bedframe and dresser. There's a small mirror on top of the dresser, and that's everything in the room. The bed was made (I was on top of the covers) in simple white sheets. The floor is dark oak as well. It's on the second floor, considering the ceiling was dark oak, as were the beams, and they tilted up like the underside of a roof.

     There was a knock, and she came in with a tray of food. Yes, vampires need food, just not as much (the difference isn't much), but I think I need just as much as humans. But, unlike humans, we need blood. Food acts as a kind of damper on out hunger and thirst for blood. We live forever, and can survive without food for as long as we may need, but slowly lose our sanity to hunger without blood for an extended period of time.

     She's wearing a baggy powder blue shirt, loosely tucked into black shorts not reaching mid-thigh. She's barefoot. Yesterday she was wearing a loose, simple black dress with plain flats. Her everything is plain, as her personality seems to contradict of that fact. I've formed a shell, and I rather like it. It's nice. Hiding who I am. Hiding my emotions. Keeping others safe. I sat on the bed, not smiling, and, in fact, trying to work on hiding my emotions. I pulled my legs up and sat cross-legged, my boots quite comfortable. She set the tray in front of my and sat across from me, looking like she wanted to say something, which she did.

     "So...if you don't mind...I have a couple questions..."