Paralyzed.

When we got to the castle, I pulled my mask up and hat over my hair. I covered the slit of my eyes by burying my face in Alex's chest, so he could pass the guards quicker. An easier route would be pretending I'm a prisoner, as that would offer little to no question, but my inability to walk kinda prohibits that. They might think I'm some...for lack of a better word, prostitute (ehhhh...) because guards seem to get them all the time (another thing I have to make a mental note to fix, I mean I don't like it in any context...but even less so on the clock).

     "Ok, we're good." He whispered. I nodded, pulling off my mask and hat. I just stared emotionless at the hat lying in my hands. I didn't move as Ash suddenly burst from a door leading I'm not sure where.

     "Juliet! You're back! I was so...worried...hey, why aren't you walking on your own?" He asked, concerned. I bit my lip, holding back tears.

     "I'm sorry." I choked out. "Ashborne...I'm so sorry..."

     "Baby, what do you mean, what happened?" Ash stepped forward. Alex shook his head, transferring me over to him.

     "It's my fault. If I'd-"

     "It's not your fault, quit it." Alex cut me off angrily. I shook my head, leaning against Ash's comfortable, familiar chest. I closed my eyes as I rested in his arms, focusing on keeping my breathing normal. "Ash, be careful with her."

     "What do you mean?" He asked, curious.

     "I mean, some bastard - yes, he's taken care of - took her blood. I'm not sure how long she was connected to those damned IVs, but she almost died. Again. She's anemic and he beat her pretty horribly, injecting her with vampiric acid as well. She was also tied to a chair and unable to move, so her muscles are damaged as well. In short, she's anemic and her physical state is horrid, not even begining on her mental damage. Something happened to her spine, rendering her unable to walk. I'm so sorry. If you feel the need, take my life because of my uselessness. I didn't protect her. This is all my doing. Please, punish me as you see fit. I'm so, so sorry my lord." I forced my eyes open slightly to see him kneeling at his feet, tears threatening to stream down his face. Ash's grip, that had tightened so much over the past couple minutes, relaxed. He shook his head, smiling tearfully.

     "You saved her in the end, much more than I've done. You stood in for me as the knight in shining armor, saving the princess, or more accuratly, Queen. I owe you my graditude, and see no need for punishment. Rise. Take the rest of the night off, you've both been through quite enough for tonight. Goodnight, Sir Alexander." Ash said softly. Alex rose, head down.

     "Goodnight, my lord, your highness." He said, bowing before retreating to what seems to be the direction the knight's chambers.

     I curled back up into Ash, closing my eyes again as he turned and walked in the direction of his room. I'd apparently fallen asleep for a second because I woke up in his room. He set my down on the bed and I sat up to pull off my boots. I dropped them at the bedside, just staring at my legs. They're bent in sort of an odd way, so I just sighed and squirmed around on the bed a bit until my legs are straight. During this time, Ash had entered the bathroom to change from jeans to sweats, but keeping the same black t-shirt. I stayed in everything. My bag was with me, and it's now tucked away in the corner by the bed. He slid in next to me, but I couldn't look at him.

     "I'm sorry." I said quietly.

     "Why?" He asked gently. I could tell by his tone he wanted, needed me to look at him. Say I was kidding and walk around. But I can't. Tears spilled down my face and I buried my face in my hands. He dosen't want me. He shoulden't. I'm shattered mentally and now I'm physicially useless. Dammit. Dammit all to hell.

     "I'm just a burden. Dead weight. I'm just a hassel now. More work than it's worth." I whimpered. I felt his warm arms around me, pulling me into his lap.

     "Are you kidding? I still love you, Juilet. I'll never let you go."