The Start of an Adventure!

It took a good amount of coaxing and a fully-dressed Ash to get me to come back inside. I looked down, fidgeting with a still unnaturally warm face. Dawn was breaking. I should really leave soon, but I don't want to. Especially on this weird a note. Oh jeez. I looked up sheepishly only to find Ash kiss me. My eyes widened. I was surprised and before I could recover he backed off.

      "Sorry, you're too cute." He grinned, making me blush more.

     "Ugh, straight people." I heard Jordan say in a mock-disgusted tone.

     "Hypocrite." I said, smirking at him. Jordan and Damion were both trying to keep poker faces, however, Damion was much more successful. Jordan started laughing, which caused a domino effect and we were all laughing. It took a second to calm, but we were all happy.

     "Hate to bring down the mood, but while I'm gone, I'd prefer it if no one else knew I was gone. Ash, can you handle a majority of the royal stuff? I mean, I'll have to sign stuff every couple of days, so I'll visit often, if just for a bit. I think...yeah maybe once a week? I'm not sure. Although I'll have to sneak in since cell phones aren't really an option here..." I said, thinking.

     "Relax, we got it. Your job is to stay safe and unhurt." Damion said and the other two nodded. I nodded again in response (we're all bobbleheads).

     "God, I'm going to miss you." Ash said, pressing me to him. We broke apart.

    "See you later, Juliet." Jordan said softly, hugging me quickly than letting me go.

     "Goodbye, come back safe." Damion said, hugging me slightly longer than Jordan did. Their both warm.

     "I'll try, I'll miss you guys. Bye." I said softly, trying to keep general control of my emotions. I grabbed my bag and walked out. Ash followed. My head was kinda in the clouds so I paid to mind to my surrounding. There a clenching feeling in my gut and I'm starting to doubt this. If I leave, I'm leaving Ash again. Sure, I'll visit, but still. It's not permanent. I can always come back immediately if I'm needed. It's ok. At the door, Ash stepped in front of me. I didn't stop, walking into him and wrapping my arms around him. He did the same.

     "Hey, it's ok. We'll be fine here. Go." Ash said, letting me go. He took my hand, setting something smooth, cool, and metal in my palm. It weighted but not heavy, it's chain long and falling through my fingers. I looked down and saw a smooth black pocket watch, polished until it shone. It's beautiful. I opened it to find the numbers in silver. The chain is long and black. I think it's the pocket watch he was wearing when we first found out who I was. I'd almost forgotten the details such as the chain and tailcoat he wore on the way to talk to his father. Me wearing a cloak and hood (druid) and getting thrown out. It brought back memories of that day. I just looked back up at him, a little confused. He picked up the chain, pulling it over my head. It fell around the somewhat thick cloth of the turtleneck and still made it a few inches beneath my chest.

     "What-"

     "It's yours now. Just don't forget where you're from, remember to visit, and come back eventually." Ash smiled. I couldn't talk, my eyes watering, so I simply nodded. We kissed deeply before we parted and he rested his forehead on my own. "Goodbye, for now, Queen Juliet."

     "Farwell, sir Ashborne." I grinned, waving before turning and walking out of the castle, the doors shutting behind me. I turned around, walking backwards. I grinned, jumping then my walk went to a jog than to a run as I bounded off the manor and into the woods, starting my adventure and the saving of my kingdom.