Oh, by the way, her name's Brianna.

"So...thanks?" She offered, her voice a little rough and weak from the rope. I simply nodded, my smile returning. "Um...my name's Brianna. May I ask yours?"

     Um...what now? Stay silent? Be honest? Lie? I studied her. She looks trustworthy enough, but then again, I've put trust in the wrong people before. I bit my lip. She didn't push, so I decided to stay quiet and keep my identity hidden, at least for now. I'm going mute for a bit. I just shook my head, holding my hands up so sign I don't want to talk.

     "Sorry for asking, but are you mute?" I shook my head in response to her question, shrugging. I slung my bag over my shoulder, recovered for the most part. I began to walk, her quickly chasing after me. "Hey, can I tag along?"

     I thought about it and glanced at her again. I nodded. She might be put to death (again) if I send her back, so I see no harm (other than the harm that she can do to me) in her joining me, at least for a bit. In the vampiric realm, age is simply a number no one has any relevance too. Although, I am probably the youngest in my group.

     We age semi-normally until...about 18? Then pure-bloods just stop ageing, for the most part, only aging until, like, 21 when they're ready to start a family with their soulmate. It's really quite confusing to explain, so sorry if it doesn't make sense to you. I am the youngest, though, and I probably will always be, considering I'm a hybrid and royalty, so I seemed to have stopped growing a bit yearly. So for me, it'd be stopping at 15, stop with soulmate at 18 if I had to guess. Ash is 18. Jordan and Damion are 17 I think. I was born after them all too. So I look and am the youngest. And the most powerful of them. Just great. Yay underestimation. The girl I'm with is 16 at the youngest, and Alex is 16-17. I'm so sorry for making you more confused.

     A simplified version. I look/am the youngest at 15. I am the most powerful. The being a pure-blood/human hybrid fucks with my aging. Ashborne is 18. Jordan and Damion are 17 (Damion older by a little bit). Alexander 16-17 range. New girl (Brianna) is 16 at youngest. There, happy?

     My head was pulled from the clouds as I felt the air cool. The sun was setting quickly, making shadows grow. I mentally cursed as I realized we're in the middle of the freaking forest at night, lost. I felt my pocket watch under my shirt, put I'm not pulling it out to check the time right now. I looked around, trying to find a haven for the night.

     Look a cave! The most cliche place for protagonists to spend the night when in the woods alone at night! Yea no I'm just kidding. This place is much too open. I looked up, then looked at Brianna, who looked just as clueless as me. And it's my fault. Yippe.

     I ran through the woods, not full speed, but fast enough. Brianna had no trouble keeping pace with me. We both ran until we reached a small village, and she took the lead. Since I have nowhere else to go (not counting home) I followed her. We soon made it to a small cottage-like house hidden behind some trees off to the side. Her house? Does she live alone? What about her family? I want to ask, but if I do, I fear I'd have to answer as well.