A Deadly Game of Chess.

I woke up with a throbbing headache. Damn them. At the very least I feel as though I actually got some sleep. I pulled myself from beneath my sheets, overcoming nausea and residential drowsiness as I left to search for the bastards. The people I ran into didn't bother me as they knew who I was and something else was more important than trying to stop me at the moment. The casualties are stacking up, but at the very least I don't feel as much guilt as I would have if I voluntary fell asleep, now there are people to pin the blame on.

     I found them in my study, leaning back to back in the middle of the floor with papers, books, maps, letters, and all that strewn haphazardly around or on them. They were both asleep and looked horrid. I sighed, lightly knocking on the door. They both jolted awake.

     "What! I'm awake, I'm awake! Just resting my eyes for a second." Jordan defended quickly.

     "Who are you and what do you want?" Damion asked, exhausted, them both looking over at me. It took them a moment to register, but the both stood upright immediately, the books and papers previously on their lap flying off, drifting to the floor around them.

     "My queen! I-I mean Juliet! Hi! Um...we didn't - uh - we're so sorry..." Jordan said quickly, them both bowing before me. I looked them over for a second, then sighed once again.

     "Apology accepted, go, take a break. Go on a date, whatever you want, go." I said, smiling softly. A date sounds amazing right now, except the fact the one I wanted to go on a date with is no longer here. God, he left on the worst note. How cliche is that? A couple gets into a fight and one of them leaves, dying in the process. 

     "But -"

     "But nothing. You drugged me, I kick you out. Have fun, rest, eat something, just go. I'll handle it." I told them, pushing them from the room. They looked at me then each other and smiled. They thanked me and ran off to who knows where. I turned back to the room and addressed the plans strewn on my floor with full sarcasm. "And now it's just you and me. Oh, war plans, how I've missed you."

     The next delightful hours were spent figuring out what the hell happened while I was out and making sense of the room, as well as the tornado that swept through it. It took a while to recognize the organized chaos that is Damion and Jordan. I called in some of the ranking officers and the commoners that are up to the task, because to me, at this moment, they are no different.

     "This area has been wiped out and this one is under attack." A woman said, pointing to different areas on the map.

     "I suggest moving these troops over here and deploying this one over there." I thought about one of the guy's suggestions, and nodded, approving of the plan. I sent an officer and two guards out to commission orders, planning out with the rest of the men and women. I didn't enjoy the grim war-speak, but I do enjoy strategy. This strategy, however involved real lives, and one slip-up in this intricate chess game can cost too many lives to fathom.

     I looked at all the faces of the men and women surrounding me, some not much older than me. It hurt a bit, knowing the stress they're under, they all feel the lives they hold, know the repurcussions of their actions. Just the slightest wrong move, and everyone could die.