I gain a friend. Kinda. I don't say much, so I'm not sure.

I nodded once, giving her a go-ahead.

     "Ok, can I know your name?" I thought about it for a second, staring at her. She didn't even take my mask off when I passed out.

     "Juliet." I said simply, robotic. Jeez, this is a bit harder than originally thought. I have to numb my emotions to pull this off, even if just for a little while. I'm sorry Ash...I'm so sorry. I blinked, pushing those thoughts away.

     "Ok, cool. Um...where you from?"

     I shook my head. She nodded in response, not pressing the issue.

     "Why'd you save me?" Her question made no sense, I didn't know how to answer it. I gave no response. She nodded once again, looking just a little crestfallen. But her next question kinda shook me, and this one I have to respond to. "May I join you?"

     "It'll be dangerous." Robotic. I don't want her to die because of me.

     "I know."

     "You will probably die."

     "If it wasn't for you, I'd already be dead. So, I'm running on time not my own." I nodded, making her grin. She may be happy now, but I might fuck up and when she's slowly suffering, dying, she'll feel differently.

     "Welp, Imma let you eat." She said, standing. I took a breath, closing my eyes for a second. I kept my composure, pulling down my mask. It took effort but I managed to keep it as I ate the bowl of porridge and small roll on the tray. She just stared at me. I didn't look at her. I finished and pulled my mask back up. "Um...I hate to ask, but how old are you?"

     I shook my head. Younger than you. I thought, closing my eyes for a second. I pulled my gloves on, hiding my bandages. I looked at her.

     "Let's go." I said, walking out. I walked down the stairs. Plain. Wood. As is the hallway. It's so BORING. I can't stay here anymore. Besides, I still need a sword and bow and arrow...I just need a weapon. I have a dagger tucked away in my boot. And that's it.

     For the rest of the day, we hid in the shadows, me more than her. She walked around the markets while I was like a freaking spider. Hiding in the shadows, scaling walls, running around, jumping roofs, overall really difficult parcore I found to be easy. Then we went back to her house, ate dinner, then slept, me staying in the same room. I only took off my mask to eat. I did take my shoes off but kept my socks on, the jeans over them so they showed no skin. I didn't take off my gloves often either. I changed when I showered, but the only skin she saw was my face and hands, rarely. I stayed a monotone robot. We did that routine for days, the only action is when she's recognized and we both have to sprint around until we lose them. I would spend most of the nights laying on the slanted roof, looking at the stars with my mask down and beanie in my back pocket. I would spend hours holding the stopwatch in my hand looking at the sky, just thinking.

     Before I knew it I had to go back to the castle. What am I going to do? I'm not sure I can avoid my friends, and I'd rather not tell Briana who I am. I haven't said anything since the conversation when I first got here. The only time I talked to her is to give direction. Well. This is going to be great.