Rumors...

I woke up to find Damion pulling on a T-shirt. His hair is wet, so he must've taken a shower. I caught a long, jagged scar going from his right shoulder to his left hip. It looked many years old. I don't know what it's from, but I have a feeling it had something to do with me. Egotistical, I know, but I feel like they've suffered much more then they're letting on at the hands of the Chamberlain rulers. I sat up, pulling myself so I could lean against the headboard. I looked at my hands fighting in my lap, feeling a bit betrayed. But why should I? It's not that big a deal...
"Hey, your highness." Damion said softly, walking over to me.
"Hey." I spoke, trying not to cry. Why am I feeling so upset? Ash made a stupid mistake, sure, but really, why am I feeling so betrayed and hurt?
"I apologize, your highness, for our boys' stupidity last night." He told me, offering a sad smile.
After a couple hours I found myself sitting on my throne, reading some of the trities we have with other lands. It worries me, the vampires are stirring. Someone knocked and the door opened, Damion walking in. Behind him is everyone. Ash, Jordan, Scout, Brianna, Crystal, all of them. The door shutting and locking echoed in the throne room that's empty except for us. Damion walked to the bottom of the stairs at the foot of my throne, everyone else a couple feet back. He took a breath as he knelt, bowing his head, everyone else doing the same.
"Rise. I've said before that we're friends, you needn't act like I'm higher than you." I said softly to them all, giving a soft, sad smile. This throne is a bit cold and lonley.
"Ever since we were children, we were taught in this manner. The Lockharts were, and still are, the kindest and fairest rulers this realm has ever known. Your parents were not those who ruled in fear, unlike Lord Ashborne's parents, but ruled for the people. To keep them alive, and usher in a new age that'll bring peace among our people once more, we'll go to the ends of the kingdom to tell of the lost Lockhart princess's return, and her rise to the throne. Sadly, there are rumors of war, so we need you know more than ever, my Queen, and if you were to become a causality in it, the kingdom will wither in die. There will be no saving it. Even now it's in shambles, we have to protect it. It's honor that makes us act this way, and it's honor that makes us have to protect you at all costs.
"All you come across, everyone you meet, they are drawn to you. You bring an aura of trust, the promise of peace, resurrecting hope. No matter who dies or betrays, those remaining will protect you, putting those who hurt you through the absolute hell and torment. We all love you, and we are simply pieces on a chess board (although I hope we're more than pawns) for you to move and sacrifice to suit your whims. We all trust and love you, your highness, and I know that as war draws near, we will protect you. For if you die, all hope is lost. Forever. I apologize, my Queen, but I have to say this, on behalf of all you've helped, all those you trust you. We'll follow you anywhere, fight anyone, do anything, if it means it'll help you even a bit." Damion's words were so strong, so carefully chosen. The echoed off the walls in the otherwise silent throne room. I knew war was near, but I thought it was on the horizon, he's making it seem like it's on our doorstep.