Pre-War and Missing Soilders.

The next few days were filled with pre-war prep and plans. There was an emergency wartime meeting of generals that I had to go to. I'd already begun thinking of battle strategies, but with war looming closer that I thought, I have no choice but to formulate and present them.
     I'd decided that I'd send out the top troop to scout and gather intel. Once I'd spoken the plan and the generals approved, the mission was underway. Once it'd been officiated and all that, I realized a couple things.
1) Ash is the head of the special troop I just mobilized. 2) If they get ambushed, I can't send backup because it risks sparking the war too early. 3) There is no way it'd be acceptable for me to tag along. Even if I could, now more than ever I'm needed in the castle. To supervise training and trading. Strengthen our forces, gather our allies, sort out whose friend and foe. We have to be ready at a moment's notice to mobilize and fight. I can't sneak off now. There's a likley chance I'll lose him, and be forced to publicly write him off as an acceptably loss, along with those in his command we may lose as well. But there's no time to change the decision, I've been nieve for too long, procrastinating and thinking that it's not reality.
     The road to peace is stained with blood, corpses covering the path. I highly dislike this war strewn path, but it's one I'm forced to take. I refuse to be a tyrant and want to rule for the people, not for myself. To do that, I have to fight. I have to take prisoners. I have to torture, to kill. I'm not so dense as to think it'll be easy, to think I can get away with not harming others.
     As the days turned to weeks and Ash's troop was deployed we didn't have time to make up for his stupid mistake and my over-the-top reaction. I can't let it be the last I see of him, but the enemy is stirring, the spy's painting a troubling picture of troops gathering, beginning to mobilize. I believe I just sent Ash and his subordinates into the war before it's officially began, I sent them to their deaths. Its a suicide mission, everyone knows that but is to afraid to speak it aloud.
     The days were hectic, long, and stressful. Problems being solved only for new problems to arise. In the short times I have to eat and sleep they're filled with the constant worry and fear of what's going to happen, of what's to come. I found myself crying to sleep, the nightmares waking me up. The exhaustion of using my vampiric mode too much causing me to become anemic often, making me need constant blood. It sometimes came too much, and I found myself falling unconscious. All else but me don't have nearly as much responsibility as I, so they sympathize but don't understand.
     There was one particular day. We hadn't heard back from the scouts and they were long overdue to return. Ash's well-being is in jeopardy, and I can't do anything about it. I'd just finished strengthening some treaties, and I need a drink. Both blood and alcoholic. If your upset by that, I'm a Pure-blood vampire Queen that's about to be a part of a civil war in which all my friends and lover, everyone I love might die. So yea, I'm underage, fucking arrest me I dare you. Not like I'm going to drink anyway, never have, I need to be 100% sober for this.
     Before now, I've only passed out sitting down in my office or with my close friends, so not many know how much I'm taking on. Although some may suspect I'm getting drunk off blood. I'm not. I have to drink as much as I am unless I want to be useless and comatose for who knows how long. I haven't had the need to resort to drinking from the numerous human servants. I've ordered them to stay in their own area I've cordoned off unless they have work or something they have to do up here. I worry for them, humans are weak and easily broken, at least from our perspective. I don't want any of them being hurt or killed by one of the countless vampires presently in the castle.
     I have to protect everyone, win a war with the least blood possible, try to get Ash and his men back alive, and so much more. Keeping myself in one piece and sane during it all.
     This is going to be a long day, and an even longer war.