Take a Break.

After issuing orders I was left to my own devices. I know that Jordan and/or Damion had something to do with it, I haven't been left on my own for quite some time now, and I'm beginning to get anxious. As soon as I stood to find something productive to do Jordan came in the door carrying a tray, Damion shutting the door behind them.

     "Wha-"

     "Eat. Now. We're not leaving until you get some nutrients in you and you take a break. If you burn out you're useless." Jordan said, forcing himself to set the tray down calmly. I was about to protest but Damion punched the wall right next to my head.

     "Damnit, Juliet! Ash is gone, true. Your subjects are dying, yes. But you are not alone. You have us. You have the rest of your people. Please stop doing everything by yourself. You have friends, people who will back you no matter what. You cannot keep doing this to yourself. Please." Damion said, barely holding in his anger. I was too overwhelmed, my vampiric side slipping so my legs went numb. Damion caught me and held me tight, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. I can't let everything set in, I'll be useless if that were to happen.

     "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." I whimpered, defeated. I curled up into his chest, hiding my face.

     "It's alright. We're here for you. Rest, we'll take care of the kingdom in your stead. Eat something, then sleep. Just for today, at the very least." Jordan said softly, rubbing my shoulder. I nodded and they set me down in my chair, seeing as I don't have the strength to force my vampiric mode to stand, let alone walk. I looked at them.

     "I'll do so on one condition." I said, knowing they haven't eaten in a while either, nor have they had any blood as of late, making it harder for them to work as hard as they have been.

     "And what may that condition be?" Damion chuckled at my childishness.

      "You two eat with me, and once I suffer through my day off, you two take a day of your own. Go on a date, do whatever you do when you're alone." I said, making them smile, albeit a tired one.

     "Fine." Jordan laughed, disappearing and reappearing with two more trays for the two of them. It had the same thing, but more thrown together than my tray, not like it really matters. Especially right now. It's by no means a feast but it's more than I'd like to see as we have people starving to death out there, and the food could feed the sick or injured.

     "There, eat with me, I trust that my people can handle the kingdom for an hour or so." I told them, offering a small smile as they sat down on the other side of my desk.

     The meal was one of, if not the, best meal I've ever had. I was exhausted afterward, more so than I should be. I'm pretty sure they put something in my meal, but I know their intentions and it was for good. I'm not all that torn up about it, there are bigger things to worry about. Besides, I don't think them desperate enough to drug their queen. Right? They wouldn't be that idiotic despite the bleak outlook and my possible workaholic attitude. It's not that bad...right? My suspicions were sadly confirmed as soon as I just about fell out of my chair and one of them caught me, both apologizing as I fell asleep. The only thing making me somewhat-ok with this is the amount of trust insured in the two of them, despite that amount is now much less than it used to be before this little stunt of theirs. Damn them. I'll get them back at some point.