WE ARE ROBIN HOOD!

I really couldn't resist the Robin Hood reference. Heh, sorry. Enjoy.

     Pre-publish Later Edit: Hey I'm really sorry guys I've been dealing with some emotional shit (means a lot considering I don't cuss in author's notes) and bullying and returning depression/anxiety and stuff so I haven't been able to update all that much. There won't be a set date for updates and they'll kinda be staggered. As of this second, I won't leave you guys (not permanently anyway) so yeah, sorry guys, I'll do what I can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Eventually, I found Ash in the main foyer. Yay. Now I get to convince him that it's ok to possibly let me get myself killed.

     "Robin Hood. No. Night Watchman." I said quickly.

     "What?" He asked, a confused smile spreading across his face. My face warmed.

     "I um...so I was wondering? If I could...um..."

     "What?"

     "Can I - no. I'm going to go out as a commoner. Possibly shoot some people with arrows, some swords, I don't know." I said, looking at the ground. I had my hands clasped behind my back and rocked back and forth.

     "Wait. What? No!" Ash said, his face filling with worry. He put his hands on my shoulders. "I can't let you do that!"

     "They're my people! I have to!" I insisted, not giving up so easily. I really don't want to fight but I've been given almost no choice.

     "No, you don't!" He cried, trying to get me to say, here, with him by my side. I want to but I can't abandon my subjects any longer, I have to help them, screw the consequences.

     "Yes I do, you know I have to do this." I looked up at him, grim. His eyes glistened with tears. He pulled me to him, his face in my neck. I buried my face in his chest, biting my lip to prevent my emotions from taking over and making me stay.

     "Don't die. I'll never forgive you if we went through all that BS to go and get yourself killed out there." He said, trying to calm himself down and act like it was no big deal, but I knew better. He lost me once and didn't get me back for years, I don't want to put him through that again. If not for me or him, for the people he may hurt if he turns into a jaded, heartless bastard again.

     "What are you guys doing? It feels like a funeral." Jordan said, walking over. We broke apart and I smiled.

     "I'm gonna go pull a Robin Hood and trying to save the people. We got the treason out of the highest position, but some of the lords and dukes are still treating the people in the land they govern like cattle. Or worse than animals. I can't rule and have my people treated in such a way, after all, they probably fear the throne. I can't rule by fear." I explained quickly, trying to pass it off as no big deal. I failed.

     "We can't just let you go do that by yourself! Let us go with you." Damion said, stepping forward. I shook my head.

     "I need to pass as a commoner, which cannot happen with knights with me. I need to get them to trust me, I can't be recognized. If I am I can be killed. Or get others killed. So much can happen and I can't let any of it." I told them softly, looking at them.

     "Juliet please, I can't lose you again." Ash pleaded, knowing he's probably going to lose this battle.

     "And you won't." I said, going on my toes to kiss him quickly. "I promise."

     "I think you should let her go. It's a solid plan. Maybe not the safest, but still." Damion said softly.

     "What would you do if it were Jordan? If you were in my shoes?"

     "I'd be you, and you'd be me. The roles would be switched. I know I wouldn't give Jordan up willingly, and I know you won't give her up willingly, but if I were you I'd have to. You have to." Damion said, hugging Jordan from behind.

     "I'm sorry Ash, I'll still visit when I can, disguised of course, but I mean...I'm sorry, please understand. I have to do this. If not for me then for them. I have to help my people." I said, and surprise flashed through me as he hugged me tight, and it took me a second before I returned it.

     "Ok, please, please, be safe. Come back to me alive and well. I love you." He whispered to me.

     "I love you too."