Saved by a Knight in Shining Armor.

I can't catch my breath, my heart is pumping so fast and hard it hurts. There's a layer of glistening sweat all over my body, making my clothes stick to me. My body is limp and hurting, I'm super lightheaded and dizzy, and I can't keep my eyes open, my eyelids are too heavy.

     "Ah, our time together is almost over. Looks like you're dying soon. Well, that's upsetting." He said, cupping my face in his hands, making me look up at him.

     I forced myself to stay conscious for fear of being unable to wake up if I fall asleep. My entire body is numb and I can barely stay awake, I'm in shock from the blood loss. The door burst open and the man dropped my head, my eyes closing as my head lolled.

     "Juliet!" I think that...Alex? I don't know, I can't think right. There's the sound of fighting, and then a cry of pain, but not Alex, Briana, or Scout. The other guy? My body didn't move as someone pulled out the IV and untied me. I slumped into them, and he caught me before I fell. The metal of their armor is hard and cold. Alex...

     "She's so pale." Briana.

     "What happened to her?" Scout.

     "I told you. Hell, everyone told you. You idiot. He's going to kill me, permanently if you don't wake up." Alex said, holding me. He laid me on the ground, his hands lightly flitting over my body to check for major injuries. He felt my pulse. "It's weak, but there."

     "Oh thank God, why'd they choose her?" Briana asked, her footsteps stepping a bit closer.

     "She-"

     "Stop...don't..." I groaned lightly, cutting off Alex's explanation, forcing my eyes open.

     "Stop, Juliet, you need to rest." He said, pushing down my shoulders when I tried to sit up, causing a bolt of pain throughout my body. I froze.

     "Don't touch me. Know your place." I hissed to him alone, glaring. He jumped back, falling in the process. My eyes widened as I had another acid attack. I can't breathe, pain streaming through my whole body. I groaned, grabbing at my heart, which hurt every beat.

     "I have to tell him." Alex said as I sat up. I tried to get control of my body, fighting for it. I struggled but managed to get to my feet.

     "You aren't, we're not having this conversation here or now." I said, robotic, emotionless.

     "He'll hang me!"

     "I will hang you." I said, my mask beginning to slip as my vision spun and began to darken. I fell backwards, my vision darkening completely. "I..."

     When I woke up, I was lying in the bed in Briana's room. Alex was slumped over in the chair next to me. His armor lay in a pile in the corner to my right, and he was on my right side. He had something with a chain clutched in his left hand. I tried to get it, without waking him up. I was successful in my endeavor and just stared at it. It's the pocket watch. I flinched as I tried to sit up, unsuccessful.

     "Hey, lay back down, you're too weak. Here, drink." He said, handing me a blood bag. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth, closing my eyes as fear and nausea overtook me.

     "Nope. I think I'm good." I said, lying on my side away from him.

     "Drink from this, drink from me, or I'll go get Sir Ashborne. Those are your options. You've lost a lot of blood and you're still really hurt." He explained, lightly touching my shoulder. I shrugged him off, sitting up again. 

     "I'm not having this argument again. You're not telling him." I said, moving to the edge of the bed to try to stand. I try to move my legs but can't. I manage to slide off the bed and stay on my feet for a second. Then I tried to move and pure agony shot up my spine and I fell with a scream, my legs useless.

     "What's wrong?" Alex cried out, racing over to me and kneeling before me.

     "I..." My eyes watered as I realized while trying to help I've only made it worse, and now I'm useless. I looked up at him with watery eyes. "I-I...I c-can't walk."