Give-and-Taken.

I helped out some people, word spreading of the shadow that helps those in need before disappearing. I didn't steal from the rich, there's no one to back me up if I'm cornered. I didn't directly save lives, but I did give out money to the beaten beggars. As I do everyday, I help the people and don't give me name or any affiliation. I stayed silent and indifferent, much like a shadow, and with how I dress, that's what their calling me. I spread good name of the Queen and those closest to her but I didn't flat out say that she's the best because they hate me. I have to earn their trust.

     I visited the same family I do on an almost daily basis. They live on a small farm on the edge of a small town. They grow what they can, but it's never enough. The sheriff's taxes were much too high and they barely made the cut without being imprisoned for not paying taxes. With what little is left over, they feed the townspeople, themselves, their children, and the few humans that have been deemed worthless. Not even worth enough to be drank and killed.

     Those humans who reside in this small town let the Vampires feed in return for food. It's a give-and-take relationship. The need to live has made the Vampire-human relationship strong. The Vampires treat them as equals, hiding them when the sheriff and his men visit for taxes. If they were to be found, they'd be killed as well as those protecting them. I can't change all this mistreatment or humans and lower class vampires as soon as I would like (the higher class might start killing many, many people before killing me, which helps no one), so I do what I can. After giving them food and money to distribute, I begin to head back to the house.

     As I get close, I got the feeling someone was watching me. Which is great, because the last time I got this bad a feeling is when Ash and his mom were stalking me right before I was taken and this whole mess started. I wasn't focusing on what I was doing so I tripped over something and fell into an alleyway. Looking up I saw a rope that served as a trip wire. That was on purpose. This is a trap. Well shit. I quickly got up but found no way out unless I'm able to scale 90 degree slick metal walls, which as of now I'm unable to do.

     There's an opening to the street but someone is standing in the way. I can't see what they look like but they're big. I don't think I can slip past. The sun had set a while ago, meaning it's too dark to make out details.

     "Why hello, my Queen." A low voice spoke, the man kneeling. I froze, terror running through me. I'm not that far from the house, can I get there in time?

     "Who are you talking about? I am no Queen." I stated robotically. He laughed, not convinced. Well, that was worth a shot. I tried to run for it. I didn't get past him. He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me into him. I struggled.

     "Shhhhh...stop." He hissed, his grip tightening. I went Pure-blood and got away. I ran and managed to get within sight of the house before he caught up and tackled me. My body went human again but adrenalin kept me wide awake and fighting.

     "Alexander! Help!" I screamed and he slapped a cloth over my mouth.

     I struggled violently, trying not to breathe. He dug his elbow into my side, making me cry out and involuntarily inhale. My body began to relax and I saw Alexander burst out with Brianna and Scout behind him. My vision dimmed and darkened completely and I felt myself being picked up. My pocket watch slipped out of my shirt and fell on the ground before the man holding me fled at vampiric speed. I slipped into darkness as I was carried off into the night.