A Painful Goodbye.

"What do you mean you can't walk?" Alex asked, worried. I shook my head, tears running down my face. I buried my face in my hands.

     "Haven't I been through enough?! What have I done? All I've done is try to help. Is that so wrong?" I  cried.

     "No, no. It's not your fault." Alex said softly, pulling me in for a hug.

     After about an hour I calmed down enough to think rationally and drink the blood (I managed not to think about it). I pulled on my numb, robotic mask. It's so much easier, considering all that's happened. But then again, better me than someone else. I pulled away, looking down, my face beginning to burn with embarrassment.

     "I uh..." I said, my face burning more. He grinned at me like his usual dorky self.

     "What?" He teased.

     "Please don't make me say it." I begged, my face growing warmer.

     "Say what, Your Majesty?" He taunted lightly. I glared at him, face bright red. I mumbled curses under my breath.

     "I can't get downstairs by myself, please help me." I whispered, rolling my eyes at my ever-burning face. His grin did the impossible by widening. I crossed my arms and pouted like a two-year-old.

     "What was that?" He taunted. I glared at him and he winked. He chuckled as he picked me up princess style. I really hate showing weakness, the only one I'm ok with showing weakness to is Ash.

     "You jerk." I groaned, punching his shoulder. I crossed my arms, pulling on my mask and hat, leaning against him as he made his way back downstairs. I'm back in a turtleneck and the pocket watch is tucked away under it. As we made our way into the living room he sighed, looking at me.

     "You know what has to be done now." He said sadly. I nodded, grim.

     "I know."

     "You can't stay here anymore, you can't do this any longer. I'm sorry, you have to go home." He looked away. I nodded again, looking at my hand in my lap.

     "What do you mean, you have a home? Why would you have to go home?" Scout asked. I nodded once again and Briana stepped forward from behind him.

     "Who are you?" Briana asked. I looked up at Alex, and he shrugged.

     "It's your choice. Keep in mind the danger you'll be bringing them in." He said softly.

     "I know..." Was my pathetic response.

     "I get the feeling you know each other outside of the just meeting. I mean, your comfortable chilling in his arms." Scout said making my reflexes activate and I pushed away, making him drop me. I landed flat on my back, groaning in pain. Oh God, I can't get up. (HALP I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP! LIFEALERT WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU?! He he...I had to.) Alex bent down and picked me up. I looked down, away from their questioning, worrying looks.

     "It's true, I know him. I've known him. I've been friends with him. For a long time." I said. They looked disgusted. I haven't even gotten to the full part yet.

     "Don't look at her like that! You should treat her with more respect! She's you're-" Alex is infuriated. I shut him up with a punch to the chest. I slid off my hat and pulled down my mask. I tightened my ponytail.

     "We're not - no. Take me home. Sir Ashborne is going to be pissed enough as it is. Involving more people will only worsen it." I shook my head. He set me down and used vampiric speed to run upstairs and get back into his armor.

     I buried my face in my hands as I sat on the floor. I bit my lip, pulling back up my act. I rubbed my face and looked up at them. I dropped my act for a second and smiled sadly.

     "I'm sorry for getting you involved. You're right. The queen - she  is a bitch. Would you not agree, Sir Alexander?" I asked him as he came downstairs in his armor.

     "I would never say that, espicially not to her face." He said, chuckling lightly as he touched my chin. I hit his hand away, sighing as he picked me up.

     "Bye guys it was nice meeting you, and it was fun while it lasted." I told them, waving slightly as Alex began to turn around.

     "Why are you leaving?" Scout asked. I shook my head, pointing to my numb, useless legs.

     "Well, you see. I can't exactly walk anymore, so I'm of no use. I can't help. I'll only hurt, guess that's all I'm good for anyway. At least, that's what everyone seems to think...bye." I said, and Alex turned and went vampire to sprint out and leave the awkward silence behind. I crumbled apart in his arms, buring my tear streaked face in his chest and wrapping my arms around his neck.

     "I'm so sorry, my Queen." Was all he said, running through the night.