~Prolouge~

Story will contain bullying.

Alan's POV

"Guys I'm not putting that on." I mumbled.
"Alan it was a dare you have to do it!" My friend Phil said.
"It's my birthday guys, don't make me." I pleaded.
"Now Alan." Matty demanded. They better be glad Kellin isn't here or he would get mad.
I sighed and grabbed the fabric before walking to the bathroom. I looked at the brightly colored birthday decorations and the cake that had about two pieces left. Balloons that read 'Happy 12th Birthday!' were starting to deflate or had been popped by the guests. I locked the bathroom door and laid the dress on the counter.

It really was pretty. It was a white skater dress and the middle was see through lace. I stared at it a few moments, touching the delicate fabric before stripping my clothes off and carefully putting the dress on. I loved the feel of the fabric as it slid down over my shoulders. I trailed my fingers down it once again and turned to look at myself on the mirror.

I gasped. My small frame fit the dress well and I actually looked okay. My eyes adverted to the small patch of my stomach showing through the lace and I smiled. Wow. I actually liked this. I looked and felt pretty. Was that weird? A guy wearing a dress. I've always been told dresses are for girl, but I don't see why. If they made girls feel pretty why can't they make boys feel pretty also.

With confidence I opened the bathroom door and went back down the hall to the others boys, who were still sitting in the circle. I ran my fingers through my hair and took a seat. Sitting crisscross applesauce, making sure the dress covered everything. The guys just stared then started laughing hysterically.

"What?" I snapped.
"Dude you look ridiculous!" My 'friend' Matty said.
What ever confidence I had faded and I looked down at my lap.
"Really?" I mumbled, hoping someone would tell me I looked at least decent.
"Wait you don't like it do you?" Phil asked from beside me. I didn't say anything and once again they all burst out laughing, except Phil.

"Ohh Alan your not one of those freaks are you?" One of them asked. At this point I wasn't even sure who, I was to busy trying to stop the tears from falling.
"Oh my god guys he is! My mom said they are an abomination. That God will set them straight when he gets ahold of them."
"Straight huh, Alan are you even straight?" One of them asked with an air of teasing. Now this was something I had thought about but never really decided. I still thought girls had cooties and that probably should have helped me make up my mind right then and there. The thing was I had been told my whole like that boys like girls that's it. No In betweens.

"Your going to hell Alan." One of them said and I froze. The thought of burning alive scared me. I had went to church and the preacher had mentioned hell several times. Each time he spoke of sinners who burned for eternity.
"That's right Alan at least you will be with your kind." I had had enough. I stood up and make my way to the door sobbing.

They were all still laughing at me and I let my eyes release the tears they had been holding. When I reached for the door handle, the door swung open and I was knocked off my feet.
"Alan! Are you okay?" My brother said and rushed to help me up. He looked at me and cocked his head to the side.
"Did that door really hurt that much? I'm so sorry. Where were you going anyway?"
That did it. I let the tears fall even harder and it seemed like everyone just had perfect timing today because here comes all of my party guests.

"Hey weirdo!" One called before seeing me standing there.
"Don't you call him that." Kellin said threateningly.
"Look at him! He is wearing a dress and he likes it! He's a freak and he will burn in hell." This time I recognized the voice as Matty.  Kellin clenched his fists and grabbed him by the shirt collar.
"If he wants to wear a dress he will wear a dress. Don't you dare call him another name. Now get out." Kellin growled and shoved him towards the door.

Kellin's POV

I shoved the kid out the door and yelled at the rest to get out. Once the last one ran through the door I pulled Alan to me and rubbed his back soothingly. I led him to the couch and sat him down. He clung to me as he cried.

Once his breathing steadied he looked up at me and wiped the tears from his eyes.
"I'm sorry." He looked down again.
"Don't be Alan. Those guys were assholes. Look at me." He moves his gaze from his hands to me.
"You can like whoever the hell you want. Guys or girl, hell even both. If you want to wear a dress wear a dress. You look stunning." He looked down at himself before sprinting to the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later in his regular clothes. I watched as he took the dress and threw it in the trash can. He came back over and sat beside of me. Not saying anything.
"Alan just be yourself please." I said and he didn't say anything just grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.