~27~

Alan's POV

I stared at the foot of Austin's bed as he snored loudly. I had my knees pulled to my chest and I was deep in thought. Today I had to go and fix things with Kellin. I didn't have a choice. I needed Kellin, he was my big brother and what I said was horrible. It was later in the day and Austin still wasn't awake so I slid from the bed and slipped my own shoes on. I couldn't wait any longer so I left a sticky note on top of Austin's phone telling him where I was going and I kissed his forehead before quietly leaving the house.

I had quite a walk back to my house so I took my time and just tried to clear my mind. However the closer I got to my house the more nervous I became. What if Kellin decided I wasn't worth the trouble anymore? He had always put up with my constant self doubt and unrelenting insecurities but this was a first. I had never said something like this and I knew the odds weren't in my favor. He had done so much for me and all I had ended up doing in the end was throwing him in the dirt. In all honesty I didn't deserve to be forgiven for what I had said. I didn't even expect to be forgiven.

I finally got to my driveway and once I did I stopped in my tracks. The first thing I noticed was the trash bags filled with my clothes. The bags were ripped and some of the clothes were dragged out. I made a move to go pick them up but decided it would be best to just leave them. I took a deep breath and opened the front door. The house was quiet and for some reason I expected my Dad to be waiting on me, waiting to tell me to leave and never come back.

I pushed those thoughts away because I had bigger problems to deal with right now. I needed to find Kellin. I slipped my shoes off and started to go up the stairs only to be stopped.
"Alan?" I heard the groggy voice of Kellin say. I turned towards the open living room and saw Kellin standing up from the couch. He turned to me and I noticed that his cheeks were puffy from crying and he had bags under his eyes that told me he didn't sleep much if at all. I stared at him a few more moments before running back down the stairs and flinging myself into his arms.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I started to cry into his chest. "I didn't mean it Kellin! Please forgive me, your the best brother I could ask for and I would be totally lost without you. I never meant to say those things and I'm so so sorry. Please don't be mad at me. I'm sorry." I said all in one breath.
"Alan don't apologize I'm the one who should be saying sorry." I pulled away from him slightly and gave him a confused look. "I'm so-"
"Don't you even dare." I said and covered his mouth. "I'm the one who got mad over nothing. You were worried about Vic and had to check up on him, you did your best to make sure I was safe and then I just blamed everything on you. I'm the one that's sorry, okay?"
"I forgive you whole heartedly Al but I'm sorry too okay? I shouldn't have left you alone."

I just hugged him close to me and he hugged me back just the same. We stayed there for a while until a voice from behind us made us pull apart.
"There's my two babies," I turned to see my Mom smiling at us. "Now don't I get a hug?"
Kellin chuckled and we both walked over and smushed her in a hug. She kissed the top of our heads and mumbled quietly to us. "I love you both so much and I'll never let anything take either of you away." I didn't know who would take us away but I just hugged her and Kellin tightly, happy that I hadn't totally messed everything up. We were still a family and all I had to do now was talk to my Dad.

Kellin's POV

I let out a sigh of relief once Mom pulled away from Alan and I.
"Well boys I'm going to go fix some breakfast. Kellin you should wake Vic up." I didn't even question how she knew Vic was here, she just gave us both a smile and walked towards the kitchen.
"Vic stayed the night?"
"Yeah, after you left I was kind of a mess so he just stayed." I said quietly and Alan hugged me again.
"I'm sorry." He said again.
"Alan please stop apologizing." I said with a chuckle and pulled away from him.
"Well I shouldn't have made you worry."
"It's my job as your big brother to worry." I said and ruffled his hair.
"Hey!" He shouted and knocked my hand away.

I laughed at him and shook my head. "Come on let's go wake Vic up." He followed me up the stairs and we walked in my room to see Vic sprawled out on top of the covers. His mouth was slightly open and his hair was fanned over his face. I took a minute to just take in the sight before me. He was so fucking cute.
"You really like him don't you?" Alan said from behind me and made me jump. I smiled down at Vic again and nodded my head. "You have no idea."

I was thinking of the best way to wake Vic up when I looked at Alan and smiled.
"On three." I said and he nodded with a smile stretched across his face.
"1.....2.....3!" I yelled and we both flopped on top of Vic. He groaned very loudly and hit my back.
"Get off of me!"
"Hmmm what makes you think you deserve it?" I questioned and started tickling his sides as Alan still laid on his feet to keep him still.
"B-because...I said...s-so!" He gasped between his laughs.
"Ughh fine." I said and got off of him but not before pecking his cheek lightly.

"Why on earth would you wake someone up like that?" He asked and glared at Alan and I.
"I was peer pressured." Alan threw his hands up in surrender.
"I figured as much." Vic softened his gaze towards Alan but still glared at me. "Alan's my favorite brother now." Vic stated and got up from the bed. He grabbed Alan's hand and pulled him out of the room. I laughed at them both and followed after them.

They were walking down the stairs, Vic still had a hold of his hand and he was speaking quietly to him. Alan smiled and nodded before speaking back to Vic at the same volume. Once we got to the kitchen I fell against the counter dramatically. "Mom! Alan's trying to steal Vic from me!" I fake pouted.
"Well honey maybe if you didn't snore so loud Vic would have a reason to stay." She said in a matter of fact tone.
"Mom!"

"Honey I'm kidding." She chuckled. "Alan release Kellin's boyfriend."
"Technically he's not my boyfriend yet." Vic stated and came over, wrapping himself in my arms.
"Kellin Quinn Bostwick! How dare you! Why haven't you asked this sweet boy out yet?" She scolded me.
"Don't worry, we just had a few.... complications. Now I'm just waiting, patiently that is." Vic explained and my Mom nodded.
"Well you better hurry or someone will sweep him off his feet." My Mom said with a wink.

She finished breakfast and everyone sat down at the table. For a while everything was quiet and we just enjoyed our food. Mom was smiling at us and we all seemed happy and at ease. Halfway through I noticed Alan staring at our Dad's seat.
"Where's Dad at?" He finally asked and my Mom gave him a soft smile.
"He left, for good, it's just going to be us now." She explained to him.
"Why did he leave?" He asked quietly.
"I told him to. I didn't want him hurting my little boy any more." Alan just nodded at her response and then quickly excused himself from the table.
"Is he okay?" Vic asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.
"I'll go see." I said and got up from the table myself. I figured Alan would be happy that his Dad was leaving, but I guess people shouldn't assume things.