~5~

Kellin's POV

We all sat around in my living room until slowly everyone left. Now it was only Gabe, Austin, Alan, and I. Gabe was eyeing Austin, definitely wondering why he was sitting so close to Alan and why Alan kept on blushing every time Austin would lean down and say something into his ear. I guess curiosity finally got to him because he turned to me and asked, just loud enough so I could hear, what was going on between the two. I explained that they weren't together but Austin was definitely trying to head in that direction with him.
"I've still got to talk to him." I told him.
"Now is a better time than any right?" Gabe said and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Hey Alan could you let us talk in private a moment." Gabe said and Alan nodded getting up and pulling Austin with him.
"Including Austin I added." Alan stared at me warningly but let go of his hand and walked out of the room.
"So?" Austin said when he left.
"Listen all I want to say is that if you hurt him it will be the worst decision you ever make."
"Trust me. He's got over half of the football team on his side and none of us will hesitate to beat someone black and blue for him." Gabe said.
"He's right. And Austin like don't go fast with him and he careful. He's can be...sensitive at times." I added.

"Kellin I'm not going to hurt him. He's great and I hate that he can't see that. I want to make him see that he is amazing."  Austin said and I smiled liking him even more.
"Good. No problems then."
"Better keep your word Carlile." Gabe said.
"I will."

"Okay Alan you can come back in!" I yelled and he ran back out into the living room and started looking over Austin.
"We didn't hurt him." Gabe said with a laugh.
"Better not have." Alan mumbled. "You and Kellin both have a little bit of an anger problem at times."
"I do not." I argued.
"Kellin. I know this. I know you." Alan said with a laugh.
"Whatever ginger."
"Of course I'm ginger. What else do you expect?"
I just shrugged my shoulder causing us all to laugh.

Nothing interesting happened the rest of the night we just all hung around and watched some movies. Gabe and I bugged Alan the whole time also so it was a pretty good night. I kept on checking my phone to see if Vic had texted and unfortunately he hadn't yet. I was eager for him to. Yes yes I know I just gave him my number a couple hours ago and he was probably hanging out with Jaime but I still wanted to talk to him. The thing with Jaime was another thing I wanted to find out. Vic seemed so...suspicious of him.

"Hey Kellin I'm gonna head out." Gabe said and hit my shoulder lightly.
"Alright dude. See ya tomorrow." He nodded and said his goodbyes to Alan and Austin before walking out the door.
"I think I'm gonna head out too." Austin said with a smile and said his goodbyes to me and then placed a sweet kiss on Alan's cheek which caused him to blush.
Austin walked out the door and now it was just Alan and I in the living room.

"So it seems that you took a liking to someone." Alan said with a smirk on his face.
"Why do you say that?" I turned towards him.
"You couldn't keep your eyes off Jaime's boyfriend. Let me repeat that, Jaime's boyfriend."
"Well..."
"Don't even try to lie Kellin. You forget that we're brothers and I know when you're lying."
"Okay okay so he is cute, but as you said he's Jaime's boyfriend." I said. "But I can't help but feel that something is off between them. Like did you notice how he acted when Jaime was constantly on his phone? And it made me so mad when Jaime didn't even notice Vic shrugging away from him." I started to rant.

"Do you really think something is wrong? Or maybe Vic is like one of those overly jealous guys?"
"No like he seemed nervous. Anyways it's none of my business. We did switch numbers though, he wants to hang out." I said with a smile on my face.
"Get in there bro!" Alan said and fist bumped the air, causing me to laugh at his geekiness. "But like what about Hime?" He aid with his face showing a little bit of concern.

"I'm not going to ruin someone's relationship Alan. But I will be there if Vic needs me. Maybe Jaime's not like we all thought." He just shrugged his shoulders and came to sit beside me on the couch. He laid his head back on the armrest and put his feet in my lap.
"Hey Kellin?" He said after a bit of silence.
"Yea?"
"Did you like Austin?"
"I really did Al. He seems alright." His face lit up and he smiled at me.
"He's joining the football team, that means you guys can hang out together and I can watch him practice." I laughed at his excitement. That excitement was quickly gone and changed into a dull expression as soon as his dad, our dad, came through the door.

He groaned and then sat up right beside of me.
"Hey boys." He said and plopped down in the recliner, taking off his shoes.
"Hey." I said back.
"Alan honey did Austin leave? Kellin what about your friends?" Mom said appearing in the doorway, finally emerging from her room to see if the rowdy boys had left.
"Austin? Who's Austin?" Dad said and quirked an eyebrow at Alan.

"He's a new kid I met the other day." Alan said looking his dad with his dull expression.
"Uhh huh. And is this Austin a well ya know."
"A what dad?" I asked getting ready to get angry.
"Just, damn Kellin, gay."
"That's what I thought. Now what were you really going to say?" At this point Alan had shrunk as far as he could into the couch.

"Kellin does it matter?" Dad said and ran a hand through the hair left on his balding head.
"Yes it does!" I jumped up. "You we're gonna ask if Austin was a fag! You only say stuff like that when it come to Alan. What's so wrong with it? He can't help who he likes for fucks sake. I'm a flaming homo and you don't say a damn word about it! What's the difference!?" I yelled.
"Kellin I'm not gonna argue with you." He said and got up walking out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"Kellin honey calm down." My mom said and came over to me.
"He makes me so fucking mad mom! Why does he have to treat Alan like this. That's own flesh and blood and he doesn't give a damn." I said and turned towards Alan was was still sitting on the couch.
"Hey come on. Let's go upstairs." I grabbed his hand and he got up slowly. Mom gave him a kiss on the forehead and patted my back before we headed up the stairs.

We went into Alan's room and he sat on the bed. "You know not to listen to anything he says right?" He nodded and just stared at his feet.
"Kellin what can i do to make him actually like me?" He said in a small voice. "I mean you're right he doesn't care about me. I'm not enough," he let out a little laugh. "What else can I change Kells? Please tell me and I'll do it." He pleaded with me. I walked over and pulled him into a hug.

"Alan there is nothing you should change. You are absolutely perfect. A one of a kind person and the best brother I could ask for. Don't listen to his idiotic words. Okay? I love you Al." I squeezed him tighter and he hugged me back.
"Love you too Kells."