~13~

Kellin's POV

"Hey Austin i'm going to my room alright? Just lock the door incase Alan's dad decides to barge in again." I said looking at a sleeping Alan while pulling Vic up from the beanbag.
"Yea okay." Austin nodded and I pulled Vic out of the room and down to the next door.

"This is your room?" He said and looked around at the numerous posters with a smile on his face. "I love it." He mumbled and turned back to me. He jumped on my bed and patted the spot next to him. I chuckled at him but went over beside of him anyway. Grabbing my laptop and pulling him into my arms in the process.

We sat on my bed and I let my fingers run through his air as some random movie played. His other hand found my unoccupied one and he laced them together gently as if they would break apart. He tilted his head up to me and I stared into his chocolate eyes.

Emotions were flashing through them and he seemed confused.
"What's on your mind Darling?" I asked and he laid his head back down on my shoulder.
"You, me,....Jaime. This." He pointed between us. "That." He then pointed between himself and a random direction.
I barely tensed at the mention of Jaime. I should have been deeply affected by it but for some reason I just couldn't find it in myself to. Vic was unhappy and I wanted I wanted to make him happy.

"I mean I don't even know why I'm with him still. I guess it's cause I still love him." I frowned at that but he turned to me before straddling my waist and cupping my face with his hands. "But then there's you. You make me feel like no one ever has, including Jaime, you make me feel wanted and special. You're honest and you make me smile. You make my time worth it." He kissed me gently. "I don't feel guilty being with you and I guess I should but I can't. Kellin I'm falling in love with you. Yes it's been a short time but I can't help it and I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" I looked at him confused.
"I'm so so sorry. I don't know why I can't let go of Jaime and just be with you but something in me is still holding on to him and I know you can't wait forever and that's okay. I ju-"
"Darling I'll wait as long as you need. Yeah it hurts but this feels right." I said truthfully. "Can you make me one promise though?"
"Anything." He said with a smile.
"Don't sleep with him. Like I know we haven't done anything bu-" He laughed at that and peppered my face with kisses.
"We haven't slept together in months. He gets his fill on the side." He said and with that one sentence I knew the problem with Jaime. He was a lying cheating scumbag.

"You don't have to worry about that with me Darling." I said and kissed his cheek. He didn't say anything else just snuggled down into my arms and I held him while we watched a movie.

Alan's POV

I raised up from my bed and rubbed my eyes trying to see in the dark room. I listened for any sound of human life and jumped when someone let out a huge snore from beside me. I turned on my bedside lamp and looked beside me and saw Austin curled in on himself with his arms wrapped around my stuffed animal. I giggled and quickly took a picture before turning off the lamp and creeping down the stairs slowly.

Just as I was about to go in to the kitchen I heard voices. I stopped and stood in the shadows beside the door and tried to be as quiet as possible.
"What do you mean it's not a problem!? I caught him with another boy!" I heard my dad whisper yell.
"Good lord it's not like they were having sex. Honey Alan can't help who he likes." I heard the voice of mom say and my heart dropped.

"Like hell he can't. He's a pathetic excuse for a son sometimes. He's done nothing but disappoint me. God if only I had met you before his whore of a mom and we had had Kellin together. Now that's a great kid right there." I hugged myself and listened as he went on talking about how I was a failure before Mom finally screamed, actually screamed at him.

"How can you let yourself say things about your own blood!? Alan is your son and you don't see it but he tries and tries to impress you and you only downgrade him. It's times like these I question if I really love you." I peeked around the corner and saw Mom run her fingers through her hair. Dad grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her close to him. "Baby don't say that you know I love you, you're my whole world."
"And I love you but as the same time there's parts of you I hate."

I was crying at this point. Not only was I a failure to my dad but I was also causing tension between my mom and dad. I decided to make my way back to my room but being the screw up I am I tripped over something in the floor and crashed into the wall causing a loud bang.
"Kellin? Alan?" Mom called out and I knew I had to make myself known now.

I stepped into the kitchen and kept my head down, trying to make sure they didn't see my face. "Alan honey why are you up?"
"I-I wanted some water." I said and made my way to the fridge. I grabbed a bottle and then started to walk out of the kitchen but on a moments notice I turned around and raised my head slightly to my dad. "Sorry for bothering you." I said then turned on my heels and went back up the stairs.

I started to Kellin's room but when I opened the door I saw him quietly talking to Vic so I crept my way out and went back down the hall to my room. I looked at Austin sleeping and decided not to bother him. I sat up against the head board, knees to my chest, and just stared at the walls of my room.

I had been sitting there for about two hours, just letting my thoughts swirl around in my head when Austin grumbled something incoherent in his sleep and started searching around the bed for something. He opened his eyes and then looked at me.
"Why are you all the way up there?" He said with a pout before moving into a sitting position and pulling me into his arms.

"Couldn't sleep." I said and leant against his chest. I immediately felt 100 times better now that I was in his arms. I was a comfort hog and whenever I got upset I just wanted to be held.
"Babe its four in the morning. How long have you been up?" I just shrugged my shoulders and Austin stretched his long arms and flipped the beside lamp on before turning me so I was facing him.

"Have you been crying?" He asked and I just shook my head. "Your eyes are puffy and you sound sniffly I know better. Is everything alright? Why didn't you wake me up?"
"Didn't want to bother you." I said only answering the last part of his question.
"No matter what wake me up if you need me. Alright? Whether I'm here or at my house. If you need me I'll be there."
I smiled up at him and then snuggled in his arms some more. Now that my mind was somewhat clear I was starting to get sleepy.

Austin started humming some random tune and his hand was drawing random patterns on my side. I focused on him and nothing else.